Thread: Family of 3 dies by falling in volcano vent

Blog Entries

Family of 3 dies by falling in volcano vent

US sailors that have visited Naples may have toured this site. Just like Yellowstone NP, heed the warnings or Darwin will take over.

Three members of an Italian family died visiting a volcanic field Tuesday after an 11-year-old boy entered an off-limits area.The boy slipped after breaching a fence surrounding the Solfatara Crater in Pozzuoli and his parents followed in an attempt to rescue their son, police said.
    The boy’s father, 45, died by falling into a pit of boiling-hot mud, the Campania Civil Protection Department said, ANSA reported.
    The boy’s 42-year-old mother was also sucked in.
    what a way to go
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    US sailors that have visited Naples may have toured this site. Just like Yellowstone NP, heed the warnings or Darwin will take over.

what a way to go
    Felt bad for the 7 year old who witnessed the tragic death of his family, because of his 11 year-old brother's stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by PJumper View Post
    Felt bad for the 7 year old who witnessed the tragic death of his family, because of his 11 year-old brother's stupidity!
    I know. It is hard to say something with this kind of tragedy, but signs are there for a reason. Rest In Peace, family.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

I can't imagine being a 7yo, and watching the earth consume my family. How horrific. That child will probably be damaged for the rest of his life.
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 43