Poll: Nearly Half Of Americans Have A Gun In Their House

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Poll: Nearly Half Of Americans Have A Gun In Their House
A record amount.

A new poll shows that nearly half of Americans or someone in their household owns a gun, which would be a record number.

The survey, conducted by NBC News/Wall Street Journal, asked respondents if they or anyone in their household owned a gun. Forty-eight percent said yes, 50% said no, and an additional 2% were unsure.

Stephen Gutowski of The Washington Free Beacon noted that the 48% figure was 3% higher from the previous year, the highest ever recorded by an NBC News/Wall Street Journal.

The poll is likely understating the number of households with guns, as Gutowski highlighted the National Rifle Association's (NRA) website stating that untold numbers of Americans choose to keep their gun ownership private and are reluctant to say they own a gun when they are polled.

littlelady

God bless the USA
According to the 2nd Amendment, it is our right to own arms. Period. Why are people so shocked that Americans own guns? Also, I don't own the same amount of guns that I used to; they were compromised in a chimney fire in our house in Calvert. :lol: I truly hate liberal progressives, and I am blessed my new neighbors in Montgomery County do not count among them.

And, that 2% that is not sure, needs to get a grip; so to speak.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Of the people who admitted to owning guns.

IMO there are few of them who own only one gun.

transporter

According to the 2nd Amendment, it is our right to own arms. Period. Why are people so shocked that Americans own guns? Also, I don't own the same amount of guns that I used to; they were compromised in a chimney fire in our house in Calvert. :lol: I truly hate liberal progressives, and I am blessed my new neighbors in Montgomery County do not count among them.

And, that 2% that is not sure, needs to get a grip; so to speak.

Please point out the text of the article that says anyone, anywhere at anytime was, is or will be "shocked that Americans own guns.

Also, please point out the text of the article that shows liberal political bias. I'll show you the right conservative bias (which is easy as this is a source that has a right wing political bias):

When taken together, these numbers show that Americans favor the right to bear arms as enshrined by the Second Amendment and the amount of American households owning a gun is on the rise. Any future attempts from politicians to push for authoritarian confiscation of guns, directly or indirectly, will not go over well politically.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Please point out the text of the article that says anyone, anywhere at anytime was, is or will be "shocked that Americans own guns.

Also, please point out the text of the article that shows liberal political bias. I'll show you the right conservative bias (which is easy as this is a source that has a right wing political bias):

What you just said is total garbage. Welcome to America. Have a nice day! :smile:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I think I'm going to go the the 80/20 rule on this one. Whereas 80% of the people have a firearm and the other 20% do not. Or maybe the other 20% are just not saying. :cheers:

Hijinx

If I may ...

I think I'm going to go the the 80/20 rule on this one. Whereas 80% of the people have a firearm and the other 20% do not. Or maybe the other 20% are just not saying. :cheers:

I will give my opinion. If the government picked up every gun they had a record on---there would still be millions of guns left in homes across the country.