Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Poll: Nearly Half Of Americans Have A Gun In Their House

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    31,944

    Poll: Nearly Half Of Americans Have A Gun In Their House

    Poll: Nearly Half Of Americans Have A Gun In Their House
    A record amount.


    A new poll shows that nearly half of Americans or someone in their household owns a gun, which would be a record number.

    The survey, conducted by NBC News/Wall Street Journal, asked respondents if they or anyone in their household owned a gun. Forty-eight percent said yes, 50% said no, and an additional 2% were unsure.

    Stephen Gutowski of The Washington Free Beacon noted that the 48% figure was 3% higher from the previous year, the highest ever recorded by an NBC News/Wall Street Journal.

    The poll is likely understating the number of households with guns, as Gutowski highlighted the National Rifle Association's (NRA) website stating that untold numbers of Americans choose to keep their gun ownership private and are reluctant to say they own a gun when they are polled.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

    “There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

    And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

  2. #2
    According to the 2nd Amendment, it is our right to own arms. Period. Why are people so shocked that Americans own guns? Also, I don't own the same amount of guns that I used to; they were compromised in a chimney fire in our house in Calvert. I truly hate liberal progressives, and I am blessed my new neighbors in Montgomery County do not count among them.

    And, that 2% that is not sure, needs to get a grip; so to speak.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-13-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,834
    Of the people who admitted to owning guns.

    IMO there are few of them who own only one gun.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Of the people who admitted to owning guns.

    IMO there are few of them who own only one gun.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

  5. #5
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Of the people who admitted to owning guns.

    IMO there are few of them who own only one gun.
    This. Most people I know who own weapons, have an arsenal.
    Je suis prest

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    According to the 2nd Amendment, it is our right to own arms. Period. Why are people so shocked that Americans own guns? Also, I don't own the same amount of guns that I used to; they were compromised in a chimney fire in our house in Calvert. I truly hate liberal progressives, and I am blessed my new neighbors in Montgomery County do not count among them.

    And, that 2% that is not sure, needs to get a grip; so to speak.
    Please point out the text of the article that says anyone, anywhere at anytime was, is or will be "shocked that Americans own guns.

    Also, please point out the text of the article that shows liberal political bias. I'll show you the right conservative bias (which is easy as this is a source that has a right wing political bias):

    When taken together, these numbers show that Americans favor the right to bear arms as enshrined by the Second Amendment and the amount of American households owning a gun is on the rise. Any future attempts from politicians to push for authoritarian confiscation of guns, directly or indirectly, will not go over well politically.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Please point out the text of the article that says anyone, anywhere at anytime was, is or will be "shocked that Americans own guns.

    Also, please point out the text of the article that shows liberal political bias. I'll show you the right conservative bias (which is easy as this is a source that has a right wing political bias):
    What you just said is total garbage. Welcome to America. Have a nice day!
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,834
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    What you just said is total garbage. Welcome to America. Have a nice day!
    Good answer to his dumb assed post.

  9. #9
    If I may ...

    I think I'm going to go the the 80/20 rule on this one. Whereas 80% of the people have a firearm and the other 20% do not. Or maybe the other 20% are just not saying.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |