Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Rebuild Texas And Florida?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who Will Rebuild Texas And Florida?

Je suis prest

Good article.

it sure as hell wont be rich Hollywood Elitists Stars or multi million dollar sports players ponying up

[ or wal street fat cat bankers or limousine liberals - on Chuckie Schumer or ... ]
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    it sure as hell wont be rich Hollywood Elitists Stars or multi million dollar sports players ponying up

[ or wal street fat cat bankers or limousine liberals - on Chuckie Schumer or ... ]
    Really? Because JJ Watt has raised a Hell of a lot of money and last night there was a lot more coming in from both sports and Hollywood on the telethon. How much and what have you donated?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Really? Because JJ Watt has raised a Hell of a lot of money and last night there was a lot more coming in from both sports and Hollywood on the telethon. How much and what have you donated?
    So they're donating other people's money??

how righteous..

BUT that being said, good article but nothing to do with the headline..

Who's going to rebuild Fl and Houston.. I'd say over 80% will be small businesses.. small contractors.. Those that face the biggest tax burdens and can't afford lawyers to find ways to shelter their money..

Contractors will in in droves from everywhere, with tools and materials in TOW knowing the Insurance companies are so burdened that they aren't even going to check the math.. You got an Estimate?? GOOD, tell them to get to work, check is on the way!

Homeowners are going to be clamoring for contractors, builders, electricians.. plumbers.. tree removal.. and small businesses will come in and do what needs to be done, and make a little extra profit too.

The skilled class.. the Mike Rowe types.. will come in and save the day. Not the elite Harvard and Yale educated MBAs and lawyers (they'll make it much harder to do for sure)..
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Brilliant article and replies if your IQ is in the single digits and you can't understand the meaning of the word "rebuild".

But throwing government money at a problem never truly resolves a crisis. It was, and is, the efforts of everyday Americans, seeking only to restore their communities, that provide the healing these regions need.
    Really...faith based organizations are going to raise the $200 Billion it is anticipated to cost to rebuild? The "Cajun Navy" is going to stick around and re-build 10s of thousands of houses?

Man you people are gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Brilliant article and replies if your IQ is in the single digits and you can't understand the meaning of the word "rebuild".

Really...faith based organizations are going to raise the $200 Billion it is anticipated to cost to rebuild? The "Cajun Navy" is going to stick around and re-build 10s of thousands of houses?

I think message of the article was pretty clear in the final statement.
    Je suis prest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post

You mad bro?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Contractors will in in droves from everywhere, with tools and materials in TOW knowing the Insurance companies are so burdened that they aren't even going to check the math.. You got an Estimate?? GOOD, tell them to get to work, check is on the way!

Homeowners are going to be clamoring for contractors, builders, electricians.. plumbers.. tree removal.. and small businesses will come in and do what needs to be done, and make a little extra profit too.

The skilled class.. the Mike Rowe types.. will come in and save the day. Not the elite Harvard and Yale educated MBAs and lawyers (they'll make it much harder to do for sure)..

I wish I was in better physical shape .... a boom is going to be running for years
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Beat me to it. I don't know if telethons count because all those people, frankly, are probably being paid for their appearance - many times this is the case. But JJ Watt is doing this on his own time out of the goodness of his heart. I'm not seeing a whole lot of other rich athletes stepping up, but one is.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 51