Who Will Rebuild Texas And Florida?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
it sure as hell wont be rich Hollywood Elitists Stars or multi million dollar sports players ponying up

[ or wal street fat cat bankers or limousine liberals - on Chuckie Schumer or ... ]

Hank

my war
it sure as hell wont be rich Hollywood Elitists Stars or multi million dollar sports players ponying up

[ or wal street fat cat bankers or limousine liberals - on Chuckie Schumer or ... ]

Really? Because JJ Watt has raised a Hell of a lot of money and last night there was a lot more coming in from both sports and Hollywood on the telethon. How much and what have you donated?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Really? Because JJ Watt has raised a Hell of a lot of money and last night there was a lot more coming in from both sports and Hollywood on the telethon. How much and what have you donated?

So they're donating other people's money??

how righteous..

BUT that being said, good article but nothing to do with the headline..

Who's going to rebuild Fl and Houston.. I'd say over 80% will be small businesses.. small contractors.. Those that face the biggest tax burdens and can't afford lawyers to find ways to shelter their money..

Contractors will in in droves from everywhere, with tools and materials in TOW knowing the Insurance companies are so burdened that they aren't even going to check the math.. You got an Estimate?? GOOD, tell them to get to work, check is on the way!

Homeowners are going to be clamoring for contractors, builders, electricians.. plumbers.. tree removal.. and small businesses will come in and do what needs to be done, and make a little extra profit too.

The skilled class.. the Mike Rowe types.. will come in and save the day. Not the elite Harvard and Yale educated MBAs and lawyers (they'll make it much harder to do for sure)..

transporter

Brilliant article and replies if your IQ is in the single digits and you can't understand the meaning of the word "rebuild".

But throwing government money at a problem never truly resolves a crisis. It was, and is, the efforts of everyday Americans, seeking only to restore their communities, that provide the healing these regions need.

Really...faith based organizations are going to raise the $200 Billion it is anticipated to cost to rebuild? The "Cajun Navy" is going to stick around and re-build 10s of thousands of houses?

Man you people are gullible.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Brilliant article and replies if your IQ is in the single digits and you can't understand the meaning of the word "rebuild".

Really...faith based organizations are going to raise the $200 Billion it is anticipated to cost to rebuild? The "Cajun Navy" is going to stick around and re-build 10s of thousands of houses?

I think message of the article was pretty clear in the final statement.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Contractors will in in droves from everywhere, with tools and materials in TOW knowing the Insurance companies are so burdened that they aren't even going to check the math.. You got an Estimate?? GOOD, tell them to get to work, check is on the way!

Homeowners are going to be clamoring for contractors, builders, electricians.. plumbers.. tree removal.. and small businesses will come in and do what needs to be done, and make a little extra profit too.

The skilled class.. the Mike Rowe types.. will come in and save the day. Not the elite Harvard and Yale educated MBAs and lawyers (they'll make it much harder to do for sure)..

:yay:

I wish I was in better physical shape .... a boom is going to be running for years

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Beat me to it. I don't know if telethons count because all those people, frankly, are probably being paid for their appearance - many times this is the case. But JJ Watt is doing this on his own time out of the goodness of his heart. I'm not seeing a whole lot of other rich athletes stepping up, but one is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You mad bro?

Hank

my war
Beat me to it. I don't know if telethons count because all those people, frankly, are probably being paid for their appearance - many times this is the case. But JJ Watt is doing this on his own time out of the goodness of his heart. I'm not seeing a whole lot of other rich athletes stepping up, but one is.

Here is a list from Sports... This was as of August 30th for Harvey.

• J.J. Watt, Houston Texans ($100,000 personally and his fund has raised more than $14 million)
• Chris Paul, Houston Rockets ($50,000)
• Scott Kazmir, Los Angeles Dodgers ($130,000)
• Matt Carpenter, St. Louis Cardinals ($10,000 for each home run he hits from Aug. 28 until the end of the season)
• Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals ($10,000 for each home run Carpenter hits from Aug. 28 until the end of the season)
• Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels ($27,000)
• Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys ($21,000)
• Jay Bruce, Cleveland Indians (Matching up to $100,00)
• Leonard Fournette, Jacksonville Jaguars ($50,000)
• Chris Stroud, golfer ($10,000 and 10 percent of his earnings at TPC Boston)
• Sergio Garcia, golfer ($2,000 for every birdie and $5,000 for every eagle during the FedEx Cup)
• Stacy Lewis, golfer ($195,000)
• Gavin Cecchini, New York Mets (Matching up to $5,000)
• Brian Cushing, Houston Texans ($50,000)
• Vance McDonald, Pittsburgh Steelers (Matching up to $50,000)
• James Harden, Houston Rockets ($1 million)
• Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors ($118,000)
• Enes Kanter, Oklahoma City Thunder ($25,000)
• John Wall, Bradley Beal and Washington Wizards teammates ($250,000)
• K.J. Choi, golfer ($100,000)
• Patrick Reed, golfer ($50,000)
• Alex Rodriguez ($25,000)
• Dikembe Mutombo ($50,000)
• Kelvin Sampson, Houston Cougars basketball coach (Collecting t-shirts and sneakers from basketball coaches around the country)
• Todd Whitting, Houston Cougars baseball coach (Collecting t-shirts and sneakers from baseball coaches around the country)
• Leslie Alexander, Houston Rockets owner ($10 million)
• Bob McNair, Houston Texans owner ($1 million)
• Amy Adams Strunk, Tennessee Titans owner ($1 million)
• Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys owner ($1.1 million)
• Robert Kraft, New England Patriots (Will match American Red Cross donations up to $1 million)
• Mickey Arison, Miami Heat owner ($1 million)
• Houston Astros ($4 million)
• Minnesota Vikings ($300,000)
• Green Bay Packers ($100,000)
• Houston Texans ($1 million)
• Detroit Lions ($1 million)
• New York Jets ($1 million)
• Dallas Cowboys ($1 million, hosting a telethon after cancelled preseason game vs. Texans)
• Baltimore Ravens ($1 million)
• Cincinnati Bengals (Donating net proceeds from tickets sold to Sept. 14 game vs. Texans)
• Texas Rangers ($1 million and the charitable half from three home game raffles)
• St. Louis Cardinals ($10,000 for each home run Matt Carpenter hits from Aug. 28 until the end of the season)
• Arthur Blank, Atlanta Falcons owner (Will match up to $1 million)
• Sacramento Kings ($100,000)
• New York Yankees ($100,000; will add $9,000 after every win)
• Tampa Bay Rays (Donating all revenue from the three-game series between the Astros and Rangers being played at Tropicana Field)
• Los Angeles Lakers ($100,000)
• Tennessee Titans Foundation ($25,000)
• Baylor football (Free admission and food to Saturday's game against Liberty)
• NBA and NBPA ($1 million)
• NFL ($1 million)
•​ MLB and MLBPA ($1 million)
•​ NHL and NHLPA ($200,000)
•​ Atlanta Braves ($25,000)
• PGA Tour ($250,000)

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...f-donations-jj-watt-houston-texans-chris-paul