Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More winning - can't stop the Trump Train

More winning - can't stop the Trump Train

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-linking-it-to

President Trump told lawmakers Wednesday that Republicans will move quickly to shelter hundreds of thousands of “Dreamers” facing an uncertain future after the president gutted a program granting legal rights to those same immigrants.

He also promised he would not seek to link funding for his proposed border wall to legislative action on the program.

Trump last week rescinded the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA), giving Congress a six-month deadline to come up with a legislative solution. But in a White House meeting with centrist lawmakers from both parties, the president said he doesn’t want to wait that long, according to one of the participants.
    ...Because this doesn't much seem like winning for Americans. It seems like winning for the globalists.

Yep. I read the article.

What legal rights did he take away? The right to continue living here?
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

3. 09-14-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Yep. I read the article.

What legal rights did he take away? The right to continue living here?
    I don't much care about "rights" for people who are not authorized to be here, but anytime Trump is cutting deals with Pelosi and Schumer I'd say it's a bad deal for our rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    I don't much care about "rights" for people who are not authorized to be here, but anytime Trump is cutting deals with Pelosi and Schumer I'd say it's a bad deal for our rights.
    Sooner or later, he will have to.

Both of them but especially Nancy have shown they have no idea whatsoever what "bipartisan" means. Pelosi has said in the past that getting a supermajority would get things moving on more "bipartisan" legislation, which just means, we'll get to pass all our stuff without anyone hindering us.

But both sides have their leaders who adhere to a single principle - ANYTHING to the right/left of me is capitulation. Moderation is just incremental loss.
    When you have two sides that are diametrically opposed to one another in the wanted outcome, you cannot have compromise unless at least ONE side gives up something.

In Washington, the game is to get the votes so the side that gives up something - is always the other guy.

I'm still wait and see. A con artist makes you THINK you like the deal until it's over. A good dealmaker has you still satisfied with it afterward.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

In Washington, the game is to get the votes so the side that gives up something - is always the other guy.

Republicans have always been the ones to have to compromise ...... Democrats NEVER do
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Republicans have always been the ones to have to compromise ...... Democrats NEVER do
    And compromise IS incremental loss because they always come back for another bite of the pie.

If you keep giving them a little slice, eventually its gone.

Sooner or later, he will have to.

Both of them but especially Nancy have shown they have no idea whatsoever what "bipartisan" means. Pelosi has said in the past that getting a supermajority would get things moving on more "bipartisan" legislation, which just means, we'll get to pass all our stuff without anyone hindering us.

But both sides have their leaders who adhere to a single principle - ANYTHING to the right/left of me is capitulation. Moderation is just incremental loss.
    When you have two sides that are diametrically opposed to one another in the wanted outcome, you cannot have compromise unless at least ONE side gives up something.

I'm still wait and see. A con artist makes you THINK you like the deal until it's over. A good dealmaker has you still satisfied with it afterward.
    Pragmatically speaking, you are correct.

Trump isn't supposed to have been a politician.

Pragmatically speaking, you are correct.

Trump isn't supposed to have been a politician.
    No - but I tend to think the "deals" politicians make usually are either one-sided or complete con jobs - hence, the reference.

Trump's reputation is presumably being able to come up with solutions that both sides can agree to, rather than EACH side trying to overpower the other.
    For most of the past several terms, that's the only way anything gets done in Washington, and it's damned little.

Here is my take on it so far... and based on my understanding of what he is proposing, I'm all for it.

800k dreamers already documented in DACA will have a path to citizenship. I'm willing to assume there will be requirements that they have no criminal records (other than the fact that they were brought here illegally) and are employed and/or working on completing an education path that will lead to gainful employment. I consider this a 'win' compromise because these 800k will already be 'vetted' and the bad eggs will get the boot. The dems are always spouting about the 'innocents' and with this concession the dems will have to concede that the criminal elements will not get to stay. WINNING.

As for the wall, despite the sound bites from Pelosi and Shumcryer... the other concession that will have to be a part of acknowledging the DACAs already here is to halt the massive influx of more to come... both parties will have to acknowledge and concede to the wall efforts. I continue to believe it is already in the works and will continue to be 'worked'.

As for the rest of the millions here illegally... they are not part of this particular conversation. I believe we have made progress by allowing authorities to again do their work using existing laws on the books.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Blog Entries
    Yeah, because the support he got from the Republicans has been wonderful...

As our country continues to suffer from Obamacare...
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 50