and their doom rushes upon them.”
36 The Lord will vindicate his people
and relent concerning his servants
when he sees their strength is gone
and no one is left, slave or free.[d]
37 He will say: “Now where are their gods,
the rock they took refuge in,
38 the gods who ate the fat of their sacrifices
and drank the wine of their drink offerings?
Let them rise up to help you!
Let them give you shelter!
39 “See now that I myself am he!
There is no god besides me.
I put to death and I bring to life,
I have wounded and I will heal,
and no one can deliver out of my hand.
40 I lift my hand to heaven and solemnly swear:
As surely as I live forever,
41 when I sharpen my flashing sword
and my hand grasps it in judgment,
I will take vengeance on my adversaries
and repay those who hate me.
42 I will make my arrows drunk with blood,
while my sword devours flesh:
the blood of the slain and the captives,
the heads of the enemy leaders.”
43 Rejoice, you nations, with his people,[e][f]
for he will avenge the blood of his servants;
he will take vengeance on his enemies
and make atonement for his land and people.​

d. Deuteronomy 32:36 Or and they are without a ruler or leader
e. Deuteronomy 32:43 Or Make his people rejoice, you nations
f. Deuteronomy 32:43 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls (see also Septuagint) people, / and let all the angels worship him, /

Making God angry isn't a very good idea. He created the instincts of Momma Bear protecting her young. A Momma Bear will smack a bear cub to keep it safe but she'll rip the race right off of anyone who comes after her cub. God's that way.... yesterday we saw in verse 19 that He thinks of the Israelites as His family. Oh He's willing to correct the Israelites.... but He's just as willing to wipe His enemies off the face of the earth.

This is from the easy English site.

But God will not ruin his people completely. God ought to send the Israelites away so that people would forget them. That is what they deserved. God will not do that because his enemies might become proud. God allowed the enemies to be successful for only one reason. God used his enemies to punish his people, the Israelites. God punished his people in a very hard way. But the punishment for God’s enemies would be greater. The enemy is as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah. (God destroyed those two towns in the time of Abraham and Lot. See Genesis 19:24.) God will remember their wicked actions. Then he will punish the Israelites’ enemies. God will show his people that they were foolish to trust false gods. God promises to show mercy on his people and to punish their enemies. People from all nations will join to give honour to God. He will take away the sin of his people and he will cover it.​

God knows, even Moses knew, that the Israelites would be a bunch of backsliders again. That's what humans do. Bears poop in the woods and humans backslide.

This is from blueletterbible.org.

• This can be a remarkably effective preventative to backsliding. When we are in a backslidden state, we should consider where it will lead us.
  • When we are in a backslidden state, we should also see the compassion of God we could receive.
  • When we are in a backslidden state, we should see the greatness of God. The backslidden man needs to know more of God's His character and nature.

Do you know the words to any song. When you're listening to the radio, do you sing along. The verses that have been posted from Deuteronomy 32 so far, have been the lyrics to a song. All the children, teens, and adults of the 12 tribes were taught this song. They memorized every single word. Do you know the 23rd Psalm by heart? They knew the 43 verses of Deuteronomy 32 by heart.

It would take a nation completely without sense to underestimate God. It would take a nation completely without sense to make God an enemy. There are a lot of people in the Bible who realized that and steered clear of the Israelites. There were a few who should have known that but for some reason decided they were big enough to take God on. Pharaoh thought God was using magic tricks and brought in his own little magicians..... sometimes I wonder if there is any sense left in the whole world..... or if it's just smoke and mirrors.... God must be sitting up in heaven shaking His head at us.... smh

:coffee:

Last edited: