American ISIS Fighter Captured In Syria

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
American ISIS Fighter Captured In Syria

Operation Inherent Resolve spokesman Army Col. Ryan Dillon would not explicitly confirm the reports in a Thursday briefing with Pentagon reporters. Dillon explained that procedures for dealing with the ISIS fighter will be handled between the Syrian Democratic Forces and the U.S. Department of State.

The capture reportedly occurred in northern Syria where the majority of U.S. presence in Syria is located.

“I don’t recall any other US ISIS fighters captured and or surrendering” in Syria, he elaborated. The American fighter poses a particularly unique situation for the U.S. government if it attempts to try the terrorist in federal court.

The previous March 2016 case of U.S. citizen Mohamad Khweis fighting for the terrorist surrendering occurred in Iraq, which is a sovereign nation. Iraq cooperated with U.S. authorities and extradited Khweis who was convicted of providing material support to ISIS in June 2017. Khweis will be sentenced in mid-October where he is likely to spend decades in federal prison.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I hope he doesn't fall out of the helicopter while they are transferring him from place to place..

That would be awful.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Upon conviction they should lose their US citizenship or shot for treason.