Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for a GOOD seafood restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Jerry's...
    Yeah. Vrai and others recommended that one too. I hear a lot of good about it but a bit of a hike.

I'll probably break down and make the drive though.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Forgot about Fitzies...they are good.
    Wife and I went a couple weeks ago.
    IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!

Fitzies is very near. Think I'll try that one first.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Yeah. Vrai and others recommended that one too. I hear a lot of good about it but a bit of a hike.

I'll probably break down and make the drive though.
    I'll say this, my mother and stepfather have been eating at Jerry's since the early eighties back when he was in Seabrook. Back then it was the hip place to be seen, they couldn't afford to eat there then so they would share a martini with each other.
    When I'm back in MD for a visit I always make it to Jerry's place at least once per visit.
    His fried green tomatoes are the Shizzle.. I have never been disappointed there.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Perhaps Jerrys first then.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Wife and I went a couple weeks ago.
    IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!

Really????????? Damn, that sucks!!!! Maybe they were just having an off night. Hubs and I were there about two months ago and it was good.

Jerry's is good if you like bland crab cakes. No filler or anything like that, but if you enjoy mustard and some "zing" to your cakes, you won't like them, imo.

The crab cakes at Heritage 485 a few minutes north are about the same as Jerrys, with a touch of mustard added.

It's hard for me to eat crab cakes at a restaurant. Mainly because I like mine pan fried in butter with cayenne pepper and mustard. No one makes them like that (how can you in a restaurant without taking forever?), so what you typically get with a "good" crab cake at a restaurant is broiled lump with limited fillers. Not to mention everyone's different beliefs on how a crab cake should be cooked.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Mus'tard is for hotdogs and hamburgers.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Mus'tard is for hotdogs and hamburgers.
    ...and crab cakes.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Really????????? Damn, that sucks!!!! Maybe they were just having an off night. Hubs and I were there about two months ago and it was good.
    A coworker went to the breakfast buffet and reported unhappiness. Not being a buffet fan, I don't know how much credence to give that. And we did have one off day there ourselves a few weeks back. Which we attributed to what looked to have been a huge wedding the evening before taking away the A-team. the server went to great pains to explain that this we her second week on the job, and I did have to send my plate back to get reheated. But I certainly wouldn't pull my recommendation based one bad experience out of 15 or more visits. But the wifes crabcake has never been off there.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 69