Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethanol free gas??

Ethanol free gas??

My fairly new ecoh leaf blower bit the dust due to rotted fuel lines. What are folks doing to get ethanol free gas? I know I can buy premix from echo at $16.00 per gallon! I am willing to do that for chain saw, weed wacker, blowers. However, I would like to have a source for use with generator. Is "high test" gas ethanol free?

Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    My fairly new ecoh leaf blower bit the dust due to rotted fuel lines. What are folks doing to get ethanol free gas? I know I can buy premix from echo at $16.00 per gallon! I am willing to do that for chain saw, weed wacker, blowers. However, I would like to have a source for use with generator. Is "high test" gas ethanol free?
    Tell us where you live; wouldn't help much to tell you about a place 75 miles or so away from you. And, no, premium gasoline is not ethanol free.

Check your local marina, if you're near one.
    Maryland* - A nice place to live!
    (*excludes Baltimore City, and Prince George's and Montgomery Counties)

Most high end, High Test fuels like Amoco and Sunoco don't have any ethanol added.

Look at the gas stations that sell racing fuel, it will not have any ethanol.
    Lots of farm coop's sell ethanol free fuel.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Korner Karryout in Mechanicsville has an ethanol free pump.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Most high end, High Test fuels like Amoco and Sunoco don't have any ethanol added.

Look at the gas stations that sell racing fuel, it will not have any ethanol.
    Lots of farm coop's sell ethanol free fuel.
    Hmmmmmm, pretty sure even the high end stuff (Top Tier, is that the name) has ethanol here in MD, usually %10. Race fuel, last time I bought some, which was admittedly yaers about, was 2-3x or more than street gas. Which would place it up against the premix from Lowes. If there are farm coops around here selling gas, they hide it well :) I get all mine from local marinas, ones with restaurants mean a good meal for me and my small engines:)
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by jrt_ms1995 View Post
    Tell us where you live; wouldn't help much to tell you about a place 75 miles or so away from you. And, no, premium gasoline is not ethanol free.

Check your local marina, if you're near one.
    Oops, that was my dumb. Lexington Park area.

Quote Originally Posted by sm8 View Post
    Thanks! I will be up there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sm8 View Post
    That's the closest I've found in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Hmmmmmm, pretty sure even the high end stuff (Top Tier, is that the name) has ethanol here in MD, usually %10. Race fuel, last time I bought some, which was admittedly yaers about, was 2-3x or more than street gas. Which would place it up against the premix from Lowes. If there are farm coops around here selling gas, they hide it well :) I get all mine from local marinas, ones with restaurants mean a good meal for me and my small engines:)
    Read the pumps, it's tough to get high octane when ethanol is added, and like you said it not only depends on what state you live in, it's what fuel zone you live in.
    Sunoco 110 octane self serve at Lucas Oil drag strip is 6.79 a gallon right now.
    It's nowhere close to 16 dollars a gallon.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    Oops, that was my dumb. Lexington Park area.
    Fitzie's in Compton has an ethanol-free pump, but you'll have to carry your tank(s) to it (unless you go by boat!).
    Maryland* - A nice place to live!
    (*excludes Baltimore City, and Prince George's and Montgomery Counties)

Members who have read this thread: 92