Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Ethanol free gas??

  1. #11
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Read the pumps, it's tough to get high octane when ethanol is added, and like you said it not only depends on what state you live in, it's what fuel zone you live in.
    Sunoco 110 octane self serve at Lucas Oil drag strip is 6.79 a gallon right now.
    It's nowhere close to 16 dollars a gallon.
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "high octane". 110, thats race fuel to most people, the common usage of high octane is 91 or 93 octane, which at all the pumps here in MD that I've seen has that "Contains 10% ethanol" sticker. Since I paid $2.40ish a gallon for measly 87 for the bike today that makes the 110 a bit less than 3 times more than what I bought. Last time I bought at Fitzies, it was I think around 3 bucks a gallon.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #12
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Read the pumps, it's tough to get high octane when ethanol is added, and like you said it not only depends on what state you live in, it's what fuel zone you live in.
    Sunoco 110 octane self serve at Lucas Oil drag strip is 6.79 a gallon right now.
    It's nowhere close to 16 dollars a gallon.
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "high octane". 110, thats race fuel to most people, the common usage of high octane is 91 or 93 octane, which at all the pumps here in MD that I've seen has that "Contains 10% ethanol" sticker. Since I paid $2.40ish a gallon for measly 87 for the bike today that makes the 110 a bit less than 3 times more than what I bought. Last time I bought at Fitzies, it was I think around 3 bucks a gallon.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  3. #13
    Registered User angelbaby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Over the bridge
    Posts
    1,568
    The quick shop on great mills road has ethanol free. We just got some last weekend.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "high octane". 110, thats race fuel to most people, the common usage of high octane is 91 or 93 octane, which at all the pumps here in MD that I've seen has that "Contains 10% ethanol" sticker. Since I paid $2.40ish a gallon for measly 87 for the bike today that makes the 110 a bit less than 3 times more than what I bought. Last time I bought at Fitzies, it was I think around 3 bucks a gallon.

    When I was a teenager you could pull into Sunoco and get up to 120 octane.
    You would just swing the lever on the side of the pump to what grade you wanted.
    If I remember correctly it started at 89, 93, 100, 110 and 120..
    I wish my toys would run on 87 or 89.. my hooptie Lexus will run and not ping on 89 but it's supposed to be 91 or 93 ? and that's about it. The pan,shovels and my old 1970 Pontiac with a 455 in it, I usually get 4 or 5 gallons of 110 or 120 at the track and mix 10-15 gallons on ethanol free 89 and that keeps them from pinging. Modern production engines just don't run the compression of the 60's and early 70's cars and early 80's carb / points motorcycles.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
    The quick shop on great mills road has ethanol free. We just got some last weekend.
    That's great news! I'll get some tomorrow. Thank you.

  6. #16
    One of the marinas in Ridge does. Carry your tanks.

  7. #17

    Ethanol free gasoline

    Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    My fairly new ecoh leaf blower bit the dust due to rotted fuel lines. What are folks doing to get ethanol free gas? I know I can buy premix from echo at $16.00 per gallon! I am willing to do that for chain saw, weed wacker, blowers. However, I would like to have a source for use with generator. Is "high test" gas ethanol free?
    In St. Mary's county, the ones that I know of are at:
    Dennis Point Marina (Drayden)
    Colton's Point Marina (7th Ditrict)
    Fitzie's Marina (Leonardtown)

    Unless the pump is clearly marked as ETHANOL-FREE, ALL pump gas; regular, mid-grade and high test, will have ethanol in it.

    Ever since I started using ethanol-free in my yard stuff, have had no problems. You asked what people are doing..... As long as there is an ethanol mandate established by congress, We're stuck with it. We're subsidizing the big corporation farming companies. Next time you see the commercial on TV about the ethanol mandate, pay attention. It directly affects your pocket in many ways. The green folks started this, then figured out it wasn't the panacea they thought it was. Now we're stuck with it. There's people out there trying to get the E15 mandated. More corn sold to be burned in our cars = more money for them. They don want you to find out that E15 will damage your small engines and marine outboards, and voids warranties. Not their problem.

    You'll notice when you start burning ethanol-free gas in your small engines that they will run much better, start easier, and certainly wont get gummed up as fast . Your gas will last longer than two months. Ethanol gas is good for nothing. a failed experiment.... unless you are on the receiving end of the money...
    Gun Control is knowing how to hit your target.

  8. #18
    The gas station next to Wal-Mart in Dahlgren has it also for those who shop or travel across the Nice bridge.

  9. #19
    Sieg Heil, Hündinnen! PrchJrkr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in deinem Kopf
    Posts
    8,495
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffenuff2 View Post
    The gas station next to Wal-Mart in Dahlgren has it also for those who shop or travel across the Nice bridge.
    Got some on the 7th and it was 2.609/gallon. I keep 18-24 gallons on hand for lawn equipment and outboards. I've seen the problems caused by corn fuel, gummy gas lines and corroded carburetors.

    If you MUST use E-10, run your fuel system dry after every use to prevent costly repairs/replacements.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry...

    #AryanLivesMatterMost

    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    So you're pretty much a fountain of useless stupid.

  10. #20
    A Salute to all on Watch struggler44's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    My fairly new ecoh leaf blower bit the dust due to rotted fuel lines. What are folks doing to get ethanol free gas? I know I can buy premix from echo at $16.00 per gallon! I am willing to do that for chain saw, weed wacker, blowers. However, I would like to have a source for use with generator. Is "high test" gas ethanol free?
    Ridgells just south of rt 247 has it, it was 2.99 and is 90 octane... i buy reg unleaded and add Sta Bil 360 marine which treats the ethanol, keeps gas fresh for a yr as well

Members who have read this thread: 92

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |