Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol free gas??

Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
    The quick shop on great mills road has ethanol free. We just got some last weekend.
    Excellent.....good to know. Tall timbers marina , like most marinas, carrys ethanol free gas but it's a real pita to them to go all the way out to the pumps just to fill a couple gas cans so I only do that when I'm filling the boat too.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I tested Sun 94 yesterday at Cooks . It was very little ethanol in it. To test get a clear glass bottle 1/3 filled with water and mark the water line exactly, now add 1/3 gasoline be sure to leave about 1/3 free space. Roll don't shake ( reparatory funnel technique ). The ethanol will have migrated into the water and be above the mark now. The gas on top is now ethanol free. This process is called washing. Anywho the fuel tested only changed the mark just a hair above so it was about 1% . I suspect Sun puts only the minimum amount of ethanol legally required to meet specs. into there 94. Its a easy test

Interesting discussion here about "washing" gas.

http://www.accessnorton.com/make-you...ne-t14970.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    In St. Mary's county, the ones that I know of are at:
    Dennis Point Marina (Drayden)
    Colton's Point Marina (7th Ditrict)
    Fitzie's Marina (Leonardtown)

Unless the pump is clearly marked as ETHANOL-FREE, ALL pump gas; regular, mid-grade and high test, will have ethanol in it.

Ever since I started using ethanol-free in my yard stuff, have had no problems. You asked what people are doing..... As long as there is an ethanol mandate established by congress, We're stuck with it. We're subsidizing the big corporation farming companies. Next time you see the commercial on TV about the ethanol mandate, pay attention. It directly affects your pocket in many ways. The green folks started this, then figured out it wasn't the panacea they thought it was. Now we're stuck with it. There's people out there trying to get the E15 mandated. More corn sold to be burned in our cars = more money for them. They don want you to find out that E15 will damage your small engines and marine outboards, and voids warranties. Not their problem.

You'll notice when you start burning ethanol-free gas in your small engines that they will run much better, start easier, and certainly wont get gummed up as fast . Your gas will last longer than two months. Ethanol gas is good for nothing. a failed experiment.... unless you are on the receiving end of the money...
    That's actually the opposite of the law/regulation. Pumps must say if they contain enthanol.

In general Citgo does not use ethanol in their fuel unless required by the locality. It will say on the pumps if there is ethanol. The Citgos I have been to in St Mary's do not have ethanol in their gas.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    If you MUST use E-10, run your fuel system dry after every use to prevent costly repairs/replacements.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

The last time I bought ethanol-free gas, I went to St. Mary's Airport. It's a few $$ more, but it worked.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    The last time I bought ethanol-free gas, I went to St. Mary's Airport. It's a few $$ more, but it worked.
    Stoneys Clarke's landing restaurant has it in Hollywood md
    Just being biblical

Quote Originally Posted by PrchJrkr View Post
    If you MUST use E-10, run your fuel system dry after every use to prevent costly repairs/replacements.
    The folks at Guy Brothers say that they have changed the diaphragms in the small equipment to help stand up to E10. However, they are thinner and dry out and crack if you store motor for a long time without gas. They suggest premix or non-ethanol.

Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    The folks at Guy Brothers say that they have changed the diaphragms in the small equipment to help stand up to E10.
    That's true - but different diaphragms will do nothing to avoid the injectors and bottom of the tank getting coated with syrup-thick orange goop that the gas becomes after a couple months. Ethanol gas is evil.

Members who have read this thread: 92