Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol free gas??

Drury's Marina in Ridge has ethanol free too..but you have to schlep the jerry cans down their long pier.

Discovered Ridgell's this summer (thanks to whomever already mentioned it, and they are a full service station!)

Have been using Clarke's Landing as a source as well (that pier is about 1/3rd the length of Drury's.)

One more I found by chance, the RaceWay at the Coleman Bridge on Rt 17 (Yorktown, VA) has ethanol free pumps if you are ever down that way (made a few work trips to Norfolk recently.)

I have an old sailboat with an Atomic4 gas motor, and had nothing but problems with E-10.

Great link Ken King...thanks!
    Last edited by sastanley; 10-03-2017 at 02:45 PM.

I've mentioned it before, the Edwards in Dahlgren has ethanol free fuel. I go by there kinda often, so it's not a big deal for me to stop and fill up a couple of cans.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by angelbaby View Post
    The quick shop on great mills road has ethanol free. We just got some last weekend.
    Welp..that was a bust. We stopped in there last week with a bunch of cans...couldn't find any pumps marked as ethanol free. Went in and asked the attendant about it..got nothing but puzzled looks and "no man..all our gas has the ethanol in it".

;-( We are talking about the same place right?..the one that initially opened as a Wa Wa ?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I came up dry there too, bad information.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

St. Mary's Airport has ethanol-free gas. It's 100 octane, and will cost you a few more bucks than a chain gas station, like $5-$6/Gal. (+-).....but it's ethanol-free.....
    Last edited by DEEKAYPEE8569; 10-13-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Q: Do CITGO products contain ethanol or methanol?
    A: CITGO does not use methanol in its gasoline. CITGO gasoline may contain ethanol, but primarily only in select areas where it’s the oxygenate of choice to meet federal regulations for reformulated gasoline. Regulations require that if a gasoline contains ethanol, that fact must be posted clearly on the retail dispenser. If you don’t see this or a similar posting, the gasoline shouldn't contain ethanol.
    https://www.citgo.com/ConsumerFAQs.jsp#top

And it ain’t $6/ gal either......
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Welp..that was a bust. We stopped in there last week with a bunch of cans...couldn't find any pumps marked as ethanol free. Went in and asked the attendant about it..got nothing but puzzled looks and "no man..all our gas has the ethanol in it".

;-( We are talking about the same place right?..the one that initially opened as a Wa Wa ?
    From reading info in this thread, I thought that pumps that had ethanol were required to be labeled with the "contains ethanol" placards. the pumps at this station do not have those labels. Can anyone shed info on this? Who would one call to verify that this station was in compliance with the law. At its face value, the lack of labels would suggest that the pumps do not have ethanol. As far as the clerks go..........

Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    From reading info in this thread, I thought that pumps that had ethanol were required to be labeled with the "contains ethanol" placards. the pumps at this station do not have those labels. Can anyone shed info on this? Who would one call to verify that this station was in compliance with the law. At its face value, the lack of labels would suggest that the pumps do not have ethanol. As far as the clerks go..........
    As far as I know, yes, they should be labeled. You can do your own test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbDAw4a6Ck0 (and many other similar examples)

Quote Originally Posted by Popster View Post
    Fifteen states don’t require stations to tell you if the gasoline contains ethanol: (alphabetically) California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Ohio.

GoldenHawk and Ken, thank you for your reply. I guess I will have to test fuel. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 92