Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Full-Time RVing for you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovinmaryland View Post
    Good Fit...I have a question though...how often does it come up that you would need to trade work for a camping spot??? That seems really random to me
    You can trade work for a camping spot if you want, or not. It's not just national parks, but RV resorts as well that offer workamping opportunities. They give you a spot and a few bucks, and you give them x-hours per week. They all prefer older workers who are going to be responsible and mature. For a retired couple, this to me is an ideal situation.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    On the way to Idaho, stop in the greater Rapid City, SD area. Just before you get to Wall, SD take a left into Badlands National Park. While in that area visit all the way down to Custer State Park and all the way north to Sturgis. Take all the recommended scenic drives. You may change your plans.
    We are looking at Northern Idaho (Sandpointe to Coeur d'Alene area) and if we do it, we won't regret it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    We are looking at Northern Idaho (Sandpointe to Coeur d'Alene area) and if we do it, we won't regret it.
    My grandparents on my bio-Dad's side lived in Coeur d'Alene when I was a kid. My memory is that it was pretty nice, but this was 40 years ago.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    I came out a decent fit. The issue will be if the better half would fall into that category. I think I'll be able to convince her to give it a shot in 2019, when she retires.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    I came out a decent fit. The issue will be if the better half would fall into that category. I think I'll be able to convince her to give it a shot in 2019, when she retires.
    Rent an RV and go on a few trips. See if it's right for you. There's no law that says you have to go whole hog with it right off the bat.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    I'm on a few Facebook groups for RVers, including a full time group. Lots of post saying how people would love to do it. Then you have the people that have decided to full time travel and are panicking about going from a 2K sqft home into a motorhome. Decluttering isn't for the faint of heart. Many respond to the people on the fence that they wished they had done it sooner.

I always tell people it isn't for everyone.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

I'm on a few Facebook groups for RVers, including a full time group. Lots of post saying how people would love to do it. Then you have the people that have decided to full time travel and are panicking about going from a 2K sqft home into a motorhome. Decluttering isn't for the faint of heart. Many respond to the people on the fence that they wished they had done it sooner.

I always tell people it isn't for everyone.

Too many things I WONT get rid of to do something like that. ( Primarily things that go bang )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Too many things I WONT get rid of to do something like that. ( Primarily things that go bang )
    I've managed a work around for that same issue.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Blog Entries
    Decluttering isn't for the faint of heart.
    But you're coming along so well!

I'm a minimalist at heart and not sentimental about my belongings. Downsizing into the motorhome was EZPZ for me.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I got "good fit". Foxhound will like this answer...it's a far cry from the first we heard of you all doing this. I was like NO WAY. EVER. Like in NEVER.

*sigh* There are a lot of details that would need to be worked out first, but I really could see myself doing this on at least a part time basis. Maybe one day!

Members who have read this thread: 58