Emmy's No Longer Relevant - 3 hr anti trump fest

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Emmys Devolves into Three Hour Celebrity Anti-Trump Rage Fest

The 2017 Emmys certainly lived up to its billing as being the most politically charged ever.

Within seconds, host Stephen Colbert, singing an opening number themed around how seemingly out of control world events are, took a few soft jabs at President Trump. But then Julia-Louis Dreyfus quickly upped the ante, joining in and singing, “Imagine if your president wasn’t loved by Nazis.”

[clip]

There were so many political moments in this year's Emmys, we've compiled ...

The Top 10 Most Tedious Left-Wing Moments:

10. Stephen Colbert presaged the evening to come, saying that Trump was certainly watching, taunting, "Looking forward to the tweets."

9. Colbert then spent almost five minutes singling out Trump for criticism, the bit beginning with Trump evidently not winning an Emmy for "The Apprentice." The lengthy section wrapped with a surprise cameo from the former White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, who praised the size of the crowd.

8. Alec Baldwin, who won an award for his appearances on Saturday Night Live -- where he lampooned Trump on a near-weekly basis -- said he and his wife had three kids in three years, but then he began portraying Trump on SNL and the "orange wig" proved to be effective "birth control."

7. Comedian Kate McKinnon, who played Hillary Clinton on Saturday Night Live last season and infamously sang a schmaltzy rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" after Clinton's loss, used her acceptance speech to thank Clinton for "your grace and grit."

6. Actress Lily Tomlin, who apppeared alongside Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda as awards presenters (all of whom also appeared together on the 1980s show "9 to 5"), said just like the 80s, "We still refused to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot."

Hijinx

Emmys Devolves into Three Hour Celebrity Anti-Trump Rage Fest

The 2017 Emmys certainly lived up to its billing as being the most politically charged ever.

Within seconds, host Stephen Colbert, singing an opening number themed around how seemingly out of control world events are, took a few soft jabs at President Trump. But then Julia-Louis Dreyfus quickly upped the ante, joining in and singing, “Imagine if your president wasn’t loved by Nazis.”

[clip]

There were so many political moments in this year's Emmys, we've compiled ...

The Top 10 Most Tedious Left-Wing Moments:

10. Stephen Colbert presaged the evening to come, saying that Trump was certainly watching, taunting, "Looking forward to the tweets."

9. Colbert then spent almost five minutes singling out Trump for criticism, the bit beginning with Trump evidently not winning an Emmy for "The Apprentice." The lengthy section wrapped with a surprise cameo from the former White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, who praised the size of the crowd.

8. Alec Baldwin, who won an award for his appearances on Saturday Night Live -- where he lampooned Trump on a near-weekly basis -- said he and his wife had three kids in three years, but then he began portraying Trump on SNL and the "orange wig" proved to be effective "birth control."

7. Comedian Kate McKinnon, who played Hillary Clinton on Saturday Night Live last season and infamously sang a schmaltzy rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" after Clinton's loss, used her acceptance speech to thank Clinton for "your grace and grit."

6. Actress Lily Tomlin, who apppeared alongside Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda as awards presenters (all of whom also appeared together on the 1980s show "9 to 5"), said just like the 80s, "We still refused to be controlled by a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot."

Of course I didn't see any of this as those people presenting awards to each other mean absolutely nothing to me.
But having a traitor (Jane Fonda)who should have been shot for treason presenting an award and continuing in her treason as a presenter pretty much sheds a light on the intelligence and worthiness of the whole program.
Surprised and thoroughly disappointed to read Dolly Parton was in on this hate fest.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't give a shiat about the Emmy's. Haven't watched 'tv' in years. Most entertainers are a waste of time, anymore, if they have to comment, politically. That makes them not entertaining. We watch FOX (news and biz), FoodNetwork, DiscoeryID, History Channel, National Geo, and the like. Screw these entertainers that make money off of Americans, but are not Americans. They are disgusting. There should be an Emmy for most disgusting entertainer.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I got 5 minutes in and turned it off... it was awful which is too bad. I love "This is Us" and was hoping to see the cast get rewarded. Now, I did see the video with Dolly Parton and I felt she looked very uncomfortable. She also said nothing against Trump either so.......

black dog

Free America
My roomie turned it on and we watched the 9 to 5 trio, Dolly had a look on her face like wtf did she just say?

Hijinx

My roomie turned it on and we watched the 9 to 5 trio, Dolly had a look on her face like wtf did she just say?

When you appear with people like Fonda you have to expect to be painted with the same brush she is.
Perhaps Dolly will make a statement about it later., I hope so.
I really did think better of her.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
You would think they would knock this crap off. Viewership was way down this year and it is the same for football, people are sick and tired of the political nonsense.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You would think they would knock this crap off. Viewership was way down this year and it is the same for football, people are sick and tired of the political nonsense.

I didn't even know the Emmy's were last night. :lol: That is how much I don't care about that crap. But, I appreciate this thread, and forum that keeps me in the know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They're stuck on stupid and think they're important.

Awards shows fascinate me. Not that a bunch of egomaniacs dress up in outfits worth the GDP of a small country and pat themselves on the back, but that anyone watches it. To me it's like going to a pee wee soccer banquet when your kid didn't even play on a team.

SamSpade

Curious about something - the Academy Awards are voted on by members of the Academy. It's their award, they can do what they like - but to me it hardly is representative of what the viewers think or even what the most established critics think. Despite its prestige - it really IS a bunch of people congratulating themselves. Like voting for Prom King and Queen.

Who votes for the Emmies? Just curious because of something Colbert said about the "popular vote" winning the award. If THEY vote on it, then popular vote my ass, the proper metaphor would be the political elite picking the President.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Curious about something - the Academy Awards are voted on by members of the Academy. It's their award, they can do what they like - but to me it hardly is representative of what the viewers think or even what the most established critics think. Despite its prestige - it really IS a bunch of people congratulating themselves. Like voting for Prom King and Queen.

Who votes for the Emmies? Just curious because of something Colbert said about the "popular vote" winning the award. If THEY vote on it, then popular vote my ass, the proper metaphor would be the political elite picking the President.

:yay: Something like that.

This_person

The Television Academy has more than 22,000 members who are invited each year to vote on that year’s categories and nominees. With so many people involved, it helps to ensure that there are a broad spectrum of voters.

With so many nominees, the Academy thought it was best to make sure people are voting on the kinds of categories that they have the most knowledge on. That’s why the over 22,000 members belong to specific peer groups, and only vote in the categories that relate to their domain.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ibtimes.com/who-votes-2017-emmy-awards-2590464?amp=1

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It seems the vid with article you posted is having a problem, too. Big Bro, anyone?

I think many are angry they cut him off and the video is getting tons of hits.

His character showed a full blow anxiety attack. During his speech, he talked about how many reached out to him to thank him for showing how a successful person can suffer from anxiety like that. It spoke to the average folk but yet, they had to make time for political bashing so his speech got cut short. :boo: