Why ESPN Is Failing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
3. The model is antiquated — nobody needs SportsCenter anymore

This may be the most important factor going completely unconsidered by the brass at ESPN. SportsCenter was a juggernaut — twenty years ago, when it was anchored by Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann. Long before Olbermann became famous for getting fired by reasonable people, he teamed up with Patrick to give an entertaining nightly sports report. This was in an era when America's insatiable appetite for sports information could not be satisfied. This was before Twitter, Facebook, smartphone apps, even MySpace.

Thus, SportsCenter was the anchor program. They even used to run commercials asking which time slot of SportsCenter you were addicted to. Of course, that was when I was in college... an eternity ago.

Today, all anyone needs to do to get the information they crave is to pick up their phone and open an app. You don't need to turn on your TV and wait for the information to scroll by, or for it to be told to you by a talking head. You can just go get it.

That makes programs like SportsCenter completely dispensable, and no amount of ESPN executives tinkering with the model will return it to its former glory.

5 More Reasons Why ESPN Is Failing

meh who needs ESPN Anymore

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Who cares about ESPN, ABC, and their owner, the mouse? They are under orders to be progressive, liberal partners with the George Soros crowd and Hollyweird leftist elites. Let them wither and die on the vine. Disney doesn't care - plenty of moronic sheeple will continue to flock to the gates, pay well over $100 each to stand in line and sweat, and live their LHB and 93 different genders dream. More power to them. Enjoy getting fleeced!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Who cares about ESPN, ABC, and their owner, the mouse? They are under orders to be progressive, liberal partners with the George Soros crowd and Hollyweird leftist elites. Let them wither and die on the vine. Disney doesn't care - plenty of moronic sheeple will continue to flock to the gates, pay well over $100 each to stand in line and sweat, and live their LHB and 93 different genders dream. More power to them. Enjoy getting fleeced!

Yikes! Good post! :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Indeed, Cable TV in general is in for a change .... with the rise of the internet

Channels like ESPN has turned into a progressive echo chamber

BOP

I just wish I didn't have to pay for ESPN on my cable bill. I never watch it but still have to pay for it.

I cut my cable. I have internet only, and if they piss me off too much, that'll go as well. Got along well enough before the internet, can get along just fine without it.