Liberal Activist Judge Threatening to Keep Conviction Despite Pardon

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The White House announced on August 25th that President Trump pardoned former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

In a filing Thursday, U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton wrote she wasn’t convinced that she should drop Arpaio’s conviction, The Washington Post reported. Instead, she may only drop the criminal case and let the conviction stand–unless she can be convinced otherwise.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton is a Bill Clinton appointee who slammed Arpaio with a guilty ruling in July after leftist groups spent nearly a decade attacking him legally over his aggressive policies against illegal aliens.

Arpaio Fires Back at Liberal Activist Judge Threatening to Keep His Conviction Despite Trump’s Pardon

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well, that judge cannot do that. Period. I think there is going to be a big run on diapers and pads. I hope retailers are seeing the signs to make huge profits.

Fun fact. My hub is in a runners group in Olney that run together twice a week. One of the group is John Bolton's wife. She is 70 years old. More power to her.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Arpaio will not serve time and she can go sh1t in her judges robes.
I don't know what she can do about dropping the case or keeping a conviction on the record and I don't give a ####.
Her bias stands out and speaks loud and clear and a judge should not judge people on their personal bias's
That means as a JudgeShe sucks.

Clem72

Arpaio will not serve time and she can go sh1t in her judges robes.
I don't know what she can do about dropping the case or keeping a conviction on the record and I don't give a ####.
Her bias stands out and speaks loud and clear and a judge should not judge people on their personal bias's
That means as a JudgeShe sucks.

As long as we are picking nits, a pardon is not the same as dropping the case, being found innocent, or having a conviction expunged. It does not imply innocence, it simply means you are formally forgiven for your crimes and should have any rights/liberties that were taken away restored. The judge is just making a stink about the fact that she can still file and he will still have a criminal record. Kind of a dick move, but not just within her rights its technically the way the system is intended to work (since pardons are supposed to come AFTER a sentence has been served, otherwise is a commutation).

Hijinx

As long as we are picking nits, a pardon is not the same as dropping the case, being found innocent, or having a conviction expunged. It does not imply innocence, it simply means you are formally forgiven for your crimes and should have any rights/liberties that were taken away restored. The judge is just making a stink about the fact that she can still file and he will still have a criminal record. Kind of a dick move, but not just within her rights its technically the way the system is intended to work (since pardons are supposed to come AFTER a sentence has been served, otherwise is a commutation).

A lot of homosexual women act like dicks. Just saying.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That is a seriously sour grapes judge with a vendetta. If it were up to me she wouldn't be there because she clearly lacks judicial objectivity and is inclined toward activism, which is supposed to be a no-no.

Rommey

...since pardons are supposed to come AFTER a sentence has been served, otherwise is a commutation.
See Richard Nixon and Marc Rich as examples of that not being necessarily true.

Can a pardon be given before conviction?
However, what many do not realize is that the presidential pardoning power “extends to every offence known to the law,” other than impeachment, “and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment.”