US government wiretapped Manifort

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.

The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.

Some of the intelligence collected includes communications that sparked concerns among investigators that Manafort had encouraged the Russians to help with the campaign, according to three sources familiar with the investigation. Two of these sources, however, cautioned that the evidence is not conclusive.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team, which is leading the investigation into Russia's involvement in the election, has been provided details of these communications.

A secret order authorized by the court that handles the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) began after Manafort became the subject of an FBI investigation that began in 2014. It centered on work done by a group of Washington consulting firms for Ukraine's former ruling party, the sources told CNN.

Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
assange.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Certainly we're not about to believe this story that cites "sources", right?

you have something besides SNARK :shrug:

yep, indeed, CNN Sucks ASS .....
CNN has an agenda to be part of the process to DRIVE Trump from Office ...
I get it, why anyone believe CNN NOW :shrug:

WAS TRUMP RIGHT? CNN Reports FBI Wiretapped Trump Campaign Manager Manafort, NYT Reports Manafort Could Be Indicted

Whoa.

In an obvious Divine attempt to inject maximum chaos into the American political system just days before the supposed end of the world on September 23, CNN reported on Monday that investigators “wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret orders before and after the election.” Furthermore, CNN says, Manafort was tapped when he was having conversations with Trump — and Manafort had a residence at Trump Tower, so it’s utterly unclear whether the FBI tapped him at that location.

Recall that President Trump accused the Obama administration of tapping Trump Tower in January 2017.

Here’s CNN:

The conversations between Manafort and Trump continued after the President took office, long after the FBI investigation into Manafort was publicly known, the sources told CNN. They went on until lawyers for the President and Manafort insisted that they stop, according to the sources. It's unclear whether Trump himself was picked up on the surveillance.

Manafort was campaign chairman for Trump from May to August; he wasn’t surveilled during that period. After his ouster, the FBI surveillance began again. So the FBI may not have tapped Trump’s wires, but they very well might have picked him up while tapping Manafort, and they might indeed have tapped Trump Tower.

Midnightrider

Certainly we're not about to believe this story that cites "sources", right?

don't you mean 'unnamed sources'.....

BTW, the article says that they started the investigation back in 2014. That would mean that trump appointed manafort to his campaign while manafort was under investigation. in other words, trump brought all of this on himself because he is so good at picking the right people for the job :killingme

Chris0nllyn

you have something besides SNARK :shrug:

Sure, but when this sort of #### gets brought up literally ANY other time, it's "oh, yea, like we're supposed to believe unnamed 'sources'". Now you want to jump up and down using those same unnamed sources? Why the change of heart? Why believe these CNN unnamed sources that say the FBI wiretapped Manafort, but ignore those same CNN unnamed sources that say Trump's White House is a cluster####? Because confirmation bias.

Everyone should believe they are being wiretapped, spied on, whatever, but I say that I get chastised as if my tin foil hat is on too tight. "Who cares, my life is so boring, the FBI won't want to spy on me."

Don't want govt. spying on people? Try electing people who care about stuff like that. Don't cry boo-hoo when you continaully elect people who want to increase the size and scope of the intelligence apparatus of this country. Don't cry boo-hoo when we hit $20 trillion in dept while continually electing big govt. politicians who show no inclination that they want to reduce govt. spending.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Don't want govt. spying on people? Try electing people who care about stuff like that. Don't cry boo-hoo when you continaully elect people who want to increase the size and scope of the intelligence apparatus of this country. Don't cry boo-hoo when we hit $20 trillion in dept while continually electing big govt. politicians who show no inclination that they want to reduce govt. spending.

you keep saying that like its going to make a difference a majority people don't give a crap
as long as they can watch the Kardashains Dancing Stars or the latest FAUX Reality TV Show

Chris0nllyn

you keep saying that like its going to make a difference a majority people don't give a crap
as long as they can watch the Kardashains Dancing Stars or the latest FAUX Reality TV Show

And the 40% or so that vote, do what, exactly?

It makes a difference who people vote for, even if it's a small segment of the population.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And the 40% or so that vote, do what, exactly?

scattered across 50 states how many are REALLY Politically engaged

30 % vote straight Party line .... period so that's 60%

and the other 40% - Swing voters / 3rd party members Greens, Libertarian / Constitution Party / etc

Chris0nllyn

and the other 40% - Swing voters / 3rd party members Greens, Libertarian / Constitution Party / etc

I was looking for "vote these peopel in office", but that works too. :lol:

transporter

Sure would be nice if GURPS could read the entire story and certainly would be nice if Vrai could read English at all. This is from the same damn story GURPS posted:

As Manafort took the reins as Trump campaign chairman in May, the FBI surveillance technicians were no longer listening. The fact he was part of the campaign didn't play a role in the discontinued monitoring, sources told CNN. It was the lack of evidence relating to the Ukraine investigation that prompted the FBI to pull back.

Manafort was ousted from the campaign in August. By then the FBI had noticed what counterintelligence agents thought was a series of odd connections between Trump associates and Russia. The CIA also had developed information, including from human intelligence sources, that they believed showed Russian President Vladimir Putin had ordered his intelligence services to conduct a broad operation to meddle with the US election, according to current and former US officials.

The FBI surveillance teams, under a new FISA warrant, began monitoring Manafort again, sources tell CNN.

Funny how GURPS asks Chris for something other than snark...then when chris points out the (typical) stupidity of GURPS' post, his reply is nothing but snark!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sure would be nice if GURPS could read the entire story and certainly would be nice if Vrai could read English at all. This is from the same damn story GURPS posted:

Funny how GURPS asks Chris for something other than snark...then when Chris points out the (typical) stupidity of GURPS' post, his reply is nothing but snark!

:howdy: TJ

and Chris did no such thing

Midnightrider

grups should know, he didn't even vote in this election :yay:

Funny how GURPS asks Chris for something other than snark...then when chris points out the (typical) stupidity of GURPS' post, his reply is nothing but snark!

you cant really expect him to read the articles he posts, can you?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That would mean that trump appointed manafort to his campaign while manafort was under investigation. in other words, trump brought all of this on himself ......

so you agree, the Obama Administration Tapped Trumps Wires

:yay:

I was looking for "vote these peopel in office", but that works too. :lol:

my point is, nothing is going to change in your libertarian fantasy world .... maybe a few local positions dog catcher, county trash supervisor
Obama Election II - I pulled all for Libertarian ... what did that get us ?

no, you told everyone here that you didn't you freaking idiot.
I chose to believe YOU when YOU said YOU didn't vote :yay:

Umm no I was I wasn't going to in the weeks leading to the Election ...
and I also stated on election day I changed my mind dick head, you conveniently forget that part ....

what I did so was skip the National Election, and only vote on local issues / politicians where my vote would count .... your memory really sucks balls, like you do

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Umm no I was I wasn't going to in the weeks leading to the Election ...
and I also stated on election day I changed my mind dick head, you conveniently forget that part ....

what I did so was skip the National Election, and only vote on local issues / politicians where my vote would count .... your memory really sucks balls, like you do
:killingme

I remember exactly what happened. You said you didn't vote, and then after I busted your balls all day on election day you changed your tune to the LIE you are telling now, that you voted, just not on the national ballot. It is a pretty retarded claim to make particularly when you said yourself you didn't vote :yay: