Need new hair stylist - recommendations?

flowerlover

Hi ladies,
Looking to change my hair stylist - in desperate need of a haircut and have decided to finally stop going back to mine. Last time I was there in June I showed pics of what I wanted, talked about what I wanted very specifically, she says yep, I got it. I wear glasses and am blind without them, so of course glasses are off for cut and style - put them back on and nope, not what I wanted. Not the first time it's happened either. It always looks nice, but after washing and styling it myself a couple days later I realize the cut isn't close to what I asked for and the areas I was trying to grow out and keep longer she would hack off again. So... anyone have a great stylist they are willing to share info? I live in Charles but willing to drive to St Mary's or Calvert for someone great. My hair is just above shoulder length and want to go somewhat shorter, but not scalped or ending up with a cut that looks like a man. TYIA!!

luvmygdaughters

Hi ladies,
Looking to change my hair stylist - in desperate need of a haircut and have decided to finally stop going back to mine. Last time I was there in June I showed pics of what I wanted, talked about what I wanted very specifically, she says yep, I got it. I wear glasses and am blind without them, so of course glasses are off for cut and style - put them back on and nope, not what I wanted. Not the first time it's happened either. It always looks nice, but after washing and styling it myself a couple days later I realize the cut isn't close to what I asked for and the areas I was trying to grow out and keep longer she would hack off again. So... anyone have a great stylist they are willing to share info? I live in Charles but willing to drive to St Mary's or Calvert for someone great. My hair is just above shoulder length and want to go somewhat shorter, but not scalped or ending up with a cut that looks like a man. TYIA!!

Cynthia at the Hair Cuttery in California is a miracle worker!!!

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Hair Cuttery 45110 First Colony Way, California Md.

301-862-9413

Schedule with Shelisa. She does listen and does cut as you request. You will not be disappointed.

luvmygdaughters

The only thing I dont like about the Hair Cuttery, you cant make an appt. You have to check in online, which can be a real PIA sometimes.

flowerlover

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm surprised hair Cuttery got this many positive comments - my experience with the ones in Charles County has not been good. I think the better stylists move on quickly from there after they get a client base established and they can make better money elsewhere. I've heard and read a lot of complaints from stylists about how their shops are set up and managed and how little $$ they make working there, which causes poor morale and work environment and even poorer customer service and quality of service. Maybe the one in California has figured out how to make it work for stylists and customers. Thanks!

acommondisaster

Hi ladies,

Go see Brittany at Signature Salon and Day Spa in Bel Alton. She's wonderful, sweet and talented! She rescued me almost 2 years ago. She does a wonderful job with color, too. There's a facebook page for the salon if you want to have a look. Prices are good, too.