Just a note ....

seekeroftruth

Hey.... I realized today that I'm one post away from finishing the first few books generally accredited to Moses.

I've learned a lot about humans.... and I've learned a lot about the families that will be making history in the next few books. I knew humans could be evil. I've encountered some "truly evil people" in my life and they are tame compared to the human capacity of evil.

Women have little or no value in this family. They haven't taken it sitting down tho. Jacob might have conned his brother out of his brother's birthright... but it was his mother who helped him secure the deathbed blessing. That was kind of underhanded! So underhanded in fact that he had to run and hide for a while.

Some of the women have heartbreaking stories. Many of the women in these chapters were married to men who didn't love them. Some had problems with little idols. They just kept tucking their little idols away.... thinking God didn't know. Funny.... we still haven't learned to throw out the little idols... huh...

The men in Jacob's family seem to have really strong opinions about things. They didn't like the way Jacob favored one brother over another. Of course Jacob had several wives and concubines.... and they all had sons.... but he had his favorite wife and her sons were his favorite. Sibling Rivalry.... took Jacob's family to Egypt.... caused them to be enslaved.... and required the rescue....

Now the land is being divided up. Soon the Israelites will take Canaan. God will lead them in. I wonder... how do the Canaanites feel about having 2+ refugees at their border? Sound familiar.... sounds like something I'm going to enjoy....

Thanks for letting me journal here.... I appreciate it...

Becky