Entire kid’s football team kneels during the National Anthem

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://fox2now.com/2017/09/18/8-yea...am-kneels-during-anthem-ahead-of-recent-game/
BELLEVILLE, Ill. – Every player on the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team (8 and under) took a knee during the national anthem ahead of Sunday’s game at Little Devil’s Field in Belleville.

“One of the kids asked me if I saw (people) protesting and rioting in St. Louis. I said yes; I said, ‘Do you know why they are doing it?'” said Coach Orlando Gooden.

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”

The coach said he spoke to them about that and other situations that have happened in our country. He then explained why former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem.

“One of the kids asked, ‘Can we do that?’ I said, ‘As long as we know why we're doing it, I don’t have a problem with any of it.’”

When the anthem started, the Cahokia third graders immediately took a knee where they were standing. Their backs were away from the flag—but not on purpose—according to Gooden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2xBbVGoKY

Hijinx

The coach lied to the children.
Kneeling because police shot a drug dealer is a bit different than black people getting killed and no one going to jail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Adults who use children to further their political agenda are disgusting. That all the parents were okay with this is particularly sickening.

glhs837

Power with Control
Adults who use children to further their political agenda are disgusting. That all the parents were okay with this is particularly sickening.

I'm thinking that it wasn't a kid who asked the coach if he saw the stuff in St Louis........ I'm thinking the coach initiated that conversation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm thinking that it wasn't a kid who asked the coach if he saw the stuff in St Louis........ I'm thinking the coach initiated that conversation.

Of course he did. 8 year olds aren't famous for their political awareness. (Except for Amy Carter, who was chief foreign relations advisor to her father when she was 12.)

Hijinx

Of course he did. 8 year olds aren't famous for their political awareness. (Except for Amy Carter, who was chief foreign relations advisor to her father when she was 12.)

If the kid asked the coach he was certainly coaxed by his mother to do so.
This is why black people hate whites so badly. They are taught this sh1t by their parents as soon as they start to speak.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If you want to make a political statement, that is fine. But don't pick a #### bag criminal as your poster child. Dude tried to run the cops over then goes on a high speed chase armed with a gun. I guess the DNC will parade this thug's grandmother out for the 2020 convention.

SamSpade

I don't like the gesture they're making. I get that they are "protesting" -

But it's like the Westboro Baptist Church crashing funerals of servicemen to protest gays.
You're attacking something totally undeserving of disrespect to make a point, and it's despicable.
Good men died for that flag.

Wishbone

If you want to make a political statement, that is fine. But don't pick a #### bag criminal as your poster child. Dude tried to run the cops over then goes on a high speed chase armed with a gun. I guess the DNC will parade this thug's grandmother out for the 2020 convention.

They've always used criminals to symbolize their position.

Welfare recipients and the criminally inclined are 60% of their voter base.