Thread: Lionel Train Repair

Lionel Train Repair

Is there anyone in SoMD that can repair Lionel model trains? I just purchased a batch of HO and O gauge trains. It included a Lionel GP7 locomotive that is missing a coupler assembly.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Call the Train store in Leonardtown where the ace was at in the small shopping center where Salsa's is on RT 5.. They sell new Lionel trains there and I would be surprised if they didn't work on them or know of someone that did.
    It used to take up the back stockrooms and a second floor in the back when the hardware store was open there..
    It's normally the owner that's there, he owns that and the ace in Charlotte hall and Leonardtown. Good guy..

.edit, I just talked to my son who worked at the Leonardtown Ace through HS for Marty.
    The train store was moved to where the new store is now located at. To the left of the hardware store entrance there is a door that says some home decorating business, you open that door and go upstairs and thats where the train store is located now.
    My son said he will stop by tomorrow if he remembers and ask the boss man if they or someone they know work on them.
    Last edited by black dog; 09-20-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Because I'm a dumbass.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

There's a model train place in Prince Frederick next to Jerry's crab restaurant. I've never been in there but maybe they could help.
    Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start with Leonardtown and work my way north.

I know a guy that can fix anything electrical wrong with them. He repairs 8-track tape players, electric fireplaces, toasters...pretty handy feller.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

If I could locate the exact coupler needed maybe. A quick Google search last night didn't reveal any though. Besides, this is a 1962/63 locomotive in very good condition (with the exception of a missing coupler of course). I have no problem with someone versed in Lionel repair doing the work.

I just spoke to the guy at SideTrack Hobbies in Leonardtown. They are no longer an official Lionel Service Center and will not service "contemporary" equipment, but still perform service work on "traditional" equipment. My loco qualifies as traditional.

Excellent..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    There's a model train place in Prince Frederick next to Jerry's crab restaurant. I've never been in there but maybe they could help.
    This is my suggestion as well. He's had a train store there for as long as I can remember.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 31