Lionel Train Repair

stgislander

PREMO Member
Is there anyone in SoMD that can repair Lionel model trains? I just purchased a batch of HO and O gauge trains. It included a Lionel GP7 locomotive that is missing a coupler assembly.

black dog

Free America
Call the Train store in Leonardtown where the ace was at in the small shopping center where Salsa's is on RT 5.. They sell new Lionel trains there and I would be surprised if they didn't work on them or know of someone that did.
It used to take up the back stockrooms and a second floor in the back when the hardware store was open there..
It's normally the owner that's there, he owns that and the ace in Charlotte hall and Leonardtown. Good guy..

.edit, I just talked to my son who worked at the Leonardtown Ace through HS for Marty.
The train store was moved to where the new store is now located at. To the left of the hardware store entrance there is a door that says some home decorating business, you open that door and go upstairs and thats where the train store is located now.
My son said he will stop by tomorrow if he remembers and ask the boss man if they or someone they know work on them.

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
There's a model train place in Prince Frederick next to Jerry's crab restaurant. I've never been in there but maybe they could help.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I know a guy that can fix anything electrical wrong with them. He repairs 8-track tape players, electric fireplaces, toasters...pretty handy feller.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I could locate the exact coupler needed maybe. A quick Google search last night didn't reveal any though. Besides, this is a 1962/63 locomotive in very good condition (with the exception of a missing coupler of course). I have no problem with someone versed in Lionel repair doing the work.

stgislander

PREMO Member
:yay: I just spoke to the guy at SideTrack Hobbies in Leonardtown. They are no longer an official Lionel Service Center and will not service "contemporary" equipment, but still perform service work on "traditional" equipment. My loco qualifies as traditional.

Chris0nllyn

There's a model train place in Prince Frederick next to Jerry's crab restaurant. I've never been in there but maybe they could help.

This is my suggestion as well. He's had a train store there for as long as I can remember.