Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your Marijuana Card Here...

Opinions are my own...
    Blog Entries

Get your Marijuana Card Here...

So, I stopped in at Wally World this morning and couldn't help but notice the pictured signs to get your "Marijuana Certification" (so much for the county law against roadside signs).

The phone tracks back to The Health Center in Glenn Dale, MD. According to Google Maps, the place is about 60 miles (1 hr 21 min drive) away from the location of the sign.

http://www.thehealthcenterllc.com/

According to the State of Maryland, Qualifying medical conditions include cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, chronic or severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms, glaucoma, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/general-information.aspx

I also was not aware that patients are required to "register" with the state before they can see a doctor to qualify for a certification. Can anyone say Big Brother? If this truly is a medical issue, that should be between the patient and doctor.

http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients.aspx

I just saw a CRNP for some medical issues and I asked her if their office was going to certify people for pot. She basically said she's not going to prescribe anything because St. Mary's has enough of a drug problem. I confirmed that she was referring to opiods.

So, do they make pot these days that doesn't make you paranoid? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally use something that makes them (more) paranoid. Well, at least I don't consider the feeling of paranoia to be a pleasant experience.

And finally, my favorite marijuana-related quote (paraphrased from memory):

I don't do edibles because unlike smoke, there's no OFF switch baby.

-- Snoop Dog on an episode of The Trailer Park Boys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170921_102614.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	120018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170921_102700.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	120019  
    Last edited by David; 09-21-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    What are you going to do today to make the world a better place?

Blog Entries
    Anyone who has ever smoked pot knows that it does indeed affect your judgment in a number of ways. It also makes you lethargic and apathetic. When the government is pushing drugs like that to the citizenry, it should concern us, not make us happy that we can now get baked legally.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I am for full legalization of all drugs. If for nothing else than to shut up the dumbass libertarians who keep telling us that it is the prosecution of the 'war on drugs', not the drugs themselves that are the problem.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Anyone who has ever smoked pot knows that it does indeed affect your judgment in a number of ways. It also makes you lethargic and apathetic. When the government is pushing drugs like that to the citizenry, it should concern us, not make us happy that we can now get baked legally.
    Which government is pushing it? It's more like they're accepting a fait accompli.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

EXTREMELY concerned :(

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Which government is pushing it? It's more like they're accepting a fait accompli.
    as long as they can tax it
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    So, I stopped in at Wally World this morning and couldn't help but notice the pictured signs to get your "Marijuana Certification" (so much for the county law against roadside signs).

The phone tracks back to The Health Center in Glenn Dale, MD. According to Google Maps, the place is about 60 miles (1 hr 21 min drive) away from the location of the sign.

http://www.thehealthcenterllc.com/

According to the State of Maryland, Qualifying medical conditions include cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, chronic or severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms, glaucoma, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/general-information.aspx

I also was not aware that patients are required to "register" with the state before they can see a doctor to qualify for a certification. Can anyone say Big Brother? If this truly is a medical issue, that should be between the patient and doctor.

http://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients.aspx

I just saw a CRNP for some medical issues and I asked her if their office was going to certify people for pot. She basically said she's not going to prescribe anything because St. Mary's has enough of a drug problem. I confirmed that she was referring to opiods.

So, do they make pot these days that doesn't make you paranoid? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally use something that makes them (more) paranoid. Well, at least I don't consider the feeling of paranoia to be a pleasant experience.

And finally, my favorite marijuana-related quote (paraphrased from memory):
    The state of MD FUBAR'd this law. 28 states have medical marijuana laws, but MD decided to go their own route and ended up with "connected" people getting their permits, politicians bitching about diversity in the growers or processors, a very long time before any headway was made, and stupid requirements like registering with the state. Anyone who values being able to own a weapon should think twice about registering the fact that you use a federally-illegal drug with the state. Keep in mind that Form 77R (regulated firarms purchase form ofr MD) asks if you're a user of an illegal substance.

The conditions you mention are examples. The state of MD says that any symptoms of any condition "that 'reasonably can be expected to be relieved' by the medical use of Cannabis" is a condition that a doctor/physician can write a certificate for a patient to use medical marijuana.

It's too bad the CRNP you spoke with views marijuana in the same light as heroin, but it's not like the DEA does anything different considering both marijuana and heroin are Schedule 1 drugs. The University of California San Diego found that painkiller abuse and addition dropped 23% in states with medical marijuana. Overdoses from opiods dropped 13% on average.

The beautiful thing about so many states going with medical or outright recreational marijuana laws is that there's marijuana strains and methods for just about anyone. We're so far past the days of rolling a joint or a pipe or a bong. Marijuana has shown to help PTSD patients. It wouldn't happen if all marijuana made you paranoid, because it doesn't. In 2009, a review of marijuana and anxiety studies was done and found that "a considerable number of subjects developed anxiety disorders before the first symptoms of cannabis dependence", so if you have pre-existing anxiety issues, it's more likely you'll have problems with that using marijuana. THC is the main "ingredient" in marijuana that makes you high. Marijuana growers are now producing strains that aren't high in THC, but high in CBD which is non-psychoactive (meaning it won't get you high) and actually counteracts THC's effects and leads to a calming effect. There are literally hundreds of different strains out there raning from high THC to low-to-no THC strains for patients with seizures.

Leaf isn't the only thing being used anymore either. Waxes, vapes, edibles, drinks, candies, you name it are being created and now that the market is legal (in some states), it's being tested for things that previously weren't, like pesticides. Exact THC and CBD levels are known prior to purchasing, and the marijuana industry is booming. Moving WELL beyond the Woodstock days.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Any number of substances available to the general public affects judgement. Difference being, govet. has effectively said, "we trust you to partake in this substance and not #### up, but if you do, jail time".

That's certainly NOT the same as "pushing drugs".

If legalizing something you don't intend to use concerns you, so be it, but we as human beings have been using illicit substances to either change our perception of things, step away from the daily grind of life, or to simply have fun with friends for literally hundreds of years. We will never, ever put an end to it. We can spend all the money we want, try all the fear mongering we want, but it hasn't worked, and it never will.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Anyone who values being able to own a weapon should think twice about registering the fact that you use a federally-illegal drug with the state. Keep in mind that Form 77R (regulated firarms purchase form ofr MD) asks if you're a user of an illegal substance.
    I think I can speak for the majority when I say that I'm pretty sure we do not want a bunch of mindless drug addicts running around with guns. That is not what our Founding Fathers had in mind when they crafted the Second Amendment. (And if you are silly and uneducated enough to come back with, "Well all those guys were all potheads!" I am ready to give you the schooling that your dope smoking teachers apparently neglected.)

I have smoked pot numerous times and spent most of my high school years surrounded by pot smokers. For some "scientist" to insist that marijuana doesn't affect your judgment and spatial awareness is flat out bull#### and anyone who has ever gotten high will tell you this. It indeed induces paranoia in many users - that is a demonstrable truth. Which is neither here nor there; my main concern about a drugged up populace is....why make it easy on them to enslave you? You say you are a libertarian, and yet you willingly hold out your arms so politicians can chain you and do as they please. That makes absolutely no sense, and the main reason why I haven't joined the Libertarian Party. If they want to enslave me, they're going to have to work for it.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    If legalizing something you don't intend to use concerns you, so be it, but we as human beings have been using illicit substances to either change our perception of things, step away from the daily grind of life, or to simply have fun with friends for literally hundreds of years. We will never, ever put an end to it. We can spend all the money we want, try all the fear mongering we want, but it hasn't worked, and it never will.
    I don't want to hear that stupid crap, either. Rape and murder will never go away, no matter how illegal we make it and how many people we throw in prison for doing it. So why not legalize that as well? Hell, we could eliminate crime in this country with a pen stroke - just abolish all laws. Poof! Crime-free nation!
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 123