Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your Marijuana Card Here...

Quote Originally Posted by "Chris0nllyn
    I for one believe that employers should have the right to drug test (which they do), but let's be honest, not every place involves construction, fabrication, etc. that are more prone to workplace accidents.

You'll be fighting it tooth and nail.

Ask those that feel they do. I personally do not enjoy the feeling of painkillers. My wife was in the hospital last week and when coming in with a pain of "4", the nurses immediately administered morphine. The morphine gave her a pounding headache the next day. While THC may be available in other forms (aka, Marinol, I assume?), some folks feel the need to use marijuana rather than synthetic pain killers or appetite drugs.
    For example..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marijuana gopher.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	120033
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Uh huh. Why do you suppose it is that every person pulled over and searched because a cop "smelled marijuana" turns out to have guns and warrants and other more serious stuff going on? Some coincidence, eh? Or am I going to have to spell that out for you?

An odor of marijuana was emitting from inside the vehicle. A probable cause search revealed marijuana over 10 grams and an unknown quantity of THC wax. _______ of California, MD and _______ of Great Mills were arrested and incarcerated at the Calvert County Detention Center.
    http://somd.com/news/headlines/2017/21931.php

A passenger in the vehicle, ________, of Lusby, was found in possession of over 10 grams of marijuana. He was arrested and incarcerated at the Calvert County Detention Center. The driver was found in possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and was issued a civil citation and released.
    http://somd.com/news/headlines/2017/22002.php

No guns, no warrants. Just over 10 grams.

Speaking of honesty, police should be honest that the smell of marijuana allows them to go snooping.

Now you're just being foolish. I have experienced contact high first hand in a Jamaican marketplace, among other places. If the smoke is all over the place, and you breathe it in, guess what happens?

It's called the placebo effect.

The Johns Hopkins Study I mentioned earlier tested second hand smoke. It took 1 hour in an UNVENTILATED room with SIX people smoking before people had "detectable cannabinoid levels in blood and urine, minor increases in heart rate, mild to moderate self-reported sedative drug effects, and impaired performance on the digit symbol substitution task"
    http://www.drugandalcoholdependence....160-X/fulltext

Six smokers and six nonsmokers spent an hour sitting side by side in a 10-by-13-foot, acrylic-walled room in two different experimental sessions. Each smoker was given 10 high-potency cannabis cigarettes to smoke. In one session, the room’s ventilation fans were turned on. In another session, the fans were turned off, and the room became smoke-filled. This was a realistic simulation of home ventilation conditions. At the end of the exposures, smokers’ and nonsmokers’ blood, urine, saliva and hair were tested at regular intervals for THC.
    All six nonsmokers who spent an hour exposed to secondhand smoke in the unventilated room under extreme conditions had detectable amounts of THC in their urine and blood.
    None of the nonsmokers exposed to secondhand smoke in the ventilated room tested positive for THC on either the more sensitive or the less sensitive urinalysis.
    http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/...d_intoxication

Another study from 2014 in the Journal of Analytical Toxicology:
    Three experimental cannabis sessions were conducted at weekly or greater intervals. Cannabis exposure sessions lasted 1 h, during which smokers consumed cannabis ad-libitum in the presence of non-smokers inside the closed chamber.
    A total of 27 specimens (3 in Session 1, 22 in Session 2 and 2 in Session 3) had THCCOOH concentrations ≥15 ng/mL (confirmatory test cutoff concentration recommended by SAMHSA) (22). These specimens were produced by two participants (#13, #16) in Session 1, four participants (#23, #37, #38, #41) in Session 2 and one participant (#36) in Session 3.
    Screening assays for cannabinoids at a 50 ng/mL cutoff concentration produced a single presumptive positive result (0.4% positivity rate) by the Lab Corp EMITII 5B3 THC Assay for Subject # 37 (4 h post exposure, Session 2). This result was the only presumptive positive produced by immunoassay from the five laboratories; the remaining four laboratories reported the same specimen as negative.
    Cannabis potency and room ventilation were demonstrated to be two major factors in determining the extent of cannabis smoke exposure to non-smokers residing in close proximity to smokers. Short-term exposure to high-intensity smoke from combusted cannabis resulted in non-smoker inhalation of sufficient amounts of THC to produce positive presumptive urine tests by immunoassay with a 20 ng/mL cutoff concentration, but only a single positive occurred at higher cutoff concentrations (50 ng/mL).
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4342697/

Here's a photo of how thick the smoke would have to be (and was in this study) to make non-smokers test positive.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...gure/BKU116F2/

Now, are you telling me that the open-air markets in Jamaica are not only so poorly ventilated that they don't even exchange air at 11 ACH (air changes per hour - equivalent to your home A/C system), but so thickly pack with smoke that it looked like the above picture?

I'm not doubting people smoked in Jamaica, I'm doubting that you actually got high. Empirical and scientific evidence points to the contrary and as I said, you'd have to be "hot boxing" a car thick with smoke to get high from second hand smoke.

Why do you do this? Surely you have a better argument than insisting something that certainly is, isn't. You can cite all the pusher government statistics you want; I will go with what I know for fact first hand.

I'm pushing schloraly studies. You're the one who backed up Bernie P's article that cited the National Institute on Drug Abuse, a government agency dedicated to telling everyone how bad drugs are. Who's the one pushing government statistics here?

Now are you going to tell me that, oh no, they make this newfangled pot that doesn't get anyone high when they inhale the smoke?
    It's called CBD. They probably didn't have that back in the Mesozoic Era (but they had hemp, you've heard of that oldfangled pot that doesn't get you high, right?), but I assure you there is pot that doesn't get you high.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post

You'll be fighting it tooth and nail.
    I understand that you believe what you say. My previous posts say otherwse. Not that you'll care to find them or pay attention to the posts I make you don't want to bitch and moan about.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Now you're just being foolish. I have experienced contact high first hand in a Jamaican marketplace, among other places.
    You are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    You act like this country is made up of productive people and the instant marijuana smoke hits the air we'll all become mindless zombies. Newsflash, half the country smokes weed now. I for one believe that employers should have the right to drug test (which they do), but let's be honest, not every place involves construction, fabrication, etc. that are more prone to workplace accidents. Especially detrimental ones.
    We let our folks get stoned in the employee lounge and stare blankly at their computer screens, like mindless zombies, the rest of the day.

We do that to make up for not providing health insurance benefits. They seem to smile a lot...so I guess it's good for morale.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    We let our folks get stoned in the employee lounge and stare blankly at their computer screens, like mindless zombies, the rest of the day.

We do that to make up for not providing health insurance benefits. They seem to smile a lot...so I guess it's good for morale.
    Hey... it beats chewing oxycontin like they're Skittles
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Hey... it beats chewing oxycontin like they're Skittles
    True. And there have been far fewer brawls in the break room too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    You are lying.
    Well, you - a stranger on the internet - would certainly know more about my experiences than I would.

Anyway, Chris, you are not going to get me to believe some "study" over what I have personally experienced. You're just not.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Well, you - a stranger on the internet - would certainly know more about my experiences than I would.
    I certainly would not suggest that I do.

I do know, however, that in this case you are lying.

Members who have read this thread: 123