Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Get your Marijuana Card Here...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    but too say one is less destructive than the others is hypocritical.
    Most people drink alcohol in moderation and are not addicted, nor do they cause drunk problems. Drugs like meth and heroin are highly addictive and very few people can use them recreationally. If you use those drugs, you almost certainly *will* become addicted. Having a couple of beers on the weekend or a glass of wine with dinner isn't the same as shooting up several times a day. One has only to take a quick trip about an hour north to see the devastation of drug addiction on communities. It's demonstrably false that shooting heroin has the same effect as drinking a beer or smoking a cigarette.

And again, they can OD and die if they want to - not my business. Unfortunately our government makes it my business when they want me to pay for these people's health care, and the druggies themselves make it my business when they steal my #### to sell for drug money. It gets made my business when some clueless do-gooder or money grubbing opportunist decides that they can turn these folks into responsible citizens, and wants to use my tax dollars to do it.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Most people drink alcohol in moderation and are not addicted, nor do they cause drunk problems. Drugs like meth and heroin are highly addictive and very few people can use them recreationally. If you use those drugs, you almost certainly *will* become addicted. Having a couple of beers on the weekend or a glass of wine with dinner isn't the same as shooting up several times a day. One has only to take a quick trip about an hour north to see the devastation of drug addiction on communities. It's demonstrably false that shooting heroin has the same effect as drinking a beer or smoking a cigarette.

And again, they can OD and die if they want to - not my business. Unfortunately our government makes it my business when they want me to pay for these people's health care, and the druggies themselves make it my business when they steal my #### to sell for drug money. It gets made my business when some clueless do-gooder or money grubbing opportunist decides that they can turn these folks into responsible citizens, and wants to use my tax dollars to do it.
    Iím not aware of a single person who argues for legalizing drugs like meth or heroin.

Your entire argument is fallacious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    I’m not aware of a single person who argues for legalizing drugs like meth or heroin.
    Then you need to get out more. There are quite a number of people who don't think we should have laws regulating personal behavior that "doesn't affect anyone else". Some of them are right here on this forum and they have laid out their argument many times over the years.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Then you need to get out more. There are quite a number of people who don't think we should have laws regulating personal behavior that "doesn't affect anyone else". Some of them are right here on this forum and they have laid out their argument many times over the years.
    I think youíre lying. Again.

Blog Entries
    I think you’re lying. Again.
    And I think you should look into a good rehab facility.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

And I think you should look into a good rehab facility.
    Please introduce me to these people, some of whom are right here on this forum, who are in favor of legalizing drugs like meth or heroin.

Outside of that, youíre welcome to your own imagination.

Anyway, Chris, you are not going to get me to believe some "study" over what I have personally experienced. You're just not.
    Shocker. I'm not trying to discredit what you experienced, I'm just saying it took six people smoking joints in a non-ventilated box before non-smokers even came up positive with THC in their system in a study.

I'm not about to believe that you somehow got high in an open-air market. I blame the placebo affect, but hey, if you got high, so be it.

Justy to make sure I've got this correctly; you don't want your tax dollars spent on health care for druggies, but you don't mind much more of your tax money go to making sure that druggie doesn't take those drugs or punishing them for taking the drugs?

You would rather your tax dollars be used to lock people up, have no demonstrable impact on drug use or potency, then bitch if those same tax dollars get used to rehab someone and turn them into a productive member of society.

Please introduce me to these people, some of whom are right here on this forum, who are in favor of legalizing drugs like meth or heroin.

Outside of that, you’re welcome to your own imagination.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Well, you - a stranger on the internet - would certainly know more about my experiences than I would.

Anyway, Chris, you are not going to get me to believe some "study" over what I have personally experienced. You're just not.
    Why put study in quotes? Do you think that the science was weak in some way, the studies were poorly conducted? Nobody cant say you didn't experience a high. But it can reasonably be said that it's impossible for you to ingest enough second hand smoke on stroll through a market, unless someone was walking next to you blowing hits in your face the whole time.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Why put study in quotes? Do you think that the science was weak in some way, the studies were poorly conducted? Nobody cant say you didn't experience a high. But it can reasonably be said that it's impossible for you to ingest enough second hand smoke on stroll through a market, unless someone was walking next to you blowing hits in your face the whole time.
    I think many of these "studies" are skewed to a predetermined outcome. And when one of them insists that something I have personally experienced doesn't exist, I'm calling bull#### on it.

How can they say that secondhand cigarette smoke causes cancer, then turn around and say that secondhand pot smoke is completely benign? I mean, come on.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Somewhere on here there is at least one post by Larry Gude describing the "ganja market" in Negril and our experience when we walked through it. We called it the ganja market because it reeked of pot smoke and made us both lightheaded and somewhat disoriented - in actuality it was just an outdoor marketplace with wares and whatnot. And a #### ton of Jamaicans getting their smoke on.

Now you can accuse him of being a liar, too.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 123