Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dont die in an airport parking lot.........

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Why?? They tally their money when the vehicles leave.. Heck..they would be ecstatic when one stays inside the lot for a year.
    I figure just like the mafia they become concerned you won't be able to pay.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Along the same lines...I wonder how many vehicles are abandoned in long term airport lots?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Along the same lines...I wonder how many vehicles are abandoned in long term airport lots?
    There is a 39 Buick in the parking lot at National.

There was that guy in maybe Chicago, bought a used car, registered it in his exes name and left it in an airport employee parking lot.....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ngs-department
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    There was that guy in maybe Chicago, bought a used car, registered it in his exes name and left it in an airport employee parking lot.....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ngs-department
    OMG classic
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Not many. Most airports have something in the smallprint requiring you to notify them if you plan to park more than 45/90 days. If you want to park longer, they require a credit card on file (e.g. for snowbirds). They inventory the lot every X days and if a vehicle exceeds the alloted time they tow it on a garagemans lien.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    They inventory the lot every X days and if a vehicle exceeds the alloted time they tow it on a garagemans lien.
    See, I did not know that.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 69