Actor Rob Reiner Launches Committee To Investigate Russian Election Meddling

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actor Rob Reiner Launches Committee To Investigate Russian Election Meddling
The actor and his crack team of journalists will uncover the truth.'

Director Rob Reiner, his pal Morgan Freeman and journalist David Frum have joined forces to create a "Committee to Investigate Russia," designed to uncover the truth behind Putin-led meddling in the 2016 Presidential election.

Reiner announced the CIR on Tuesday, posting to Twitter that he wants Americans to " “understand the gravity of Russia’s invasion of our democracy," adding that he intends on using his resources to truly solve the mystery of how Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential election.

The group launched their website, InvestigateRussia.com, on Wednesday. It has a few fancy videos - one of which stars Freeman, who warns that Russia is waging a war on the United States that we can no longer afford to ignore. "We have been attacked," bellows Freeman. "We are at war."

For generations, ppl have fought to protect democracy. Now it’s our turn. Watch Morgan Freeman explain Russia’s plot to undermine the U.S. pic.twitter.com/t65wckbmxS

— Investigate Russia (@InvestigateRU) September 19, 2017

[clip]

The site's mission statement is equally eye-rolling.

“The Committee to Investigate Russia is a nonprofit, non-partisan resource provided to help Americans recognize and understand the gravity of Russia’s continuing attacks on our democracy. All relevant information is aggregated in one place to provide context and allow users to see the full picture of what Russia has done and will continue to do unless we start paying closer attention. For generations, people have fought to protect democracy. Now it is our turn,”

littlelady

God bless the USA
:killingme: The loud mouth hypocrites in the entertainment industry are disgusting hypocrites. This is why I don't watch entertainment, anymore, of any kind; sitcoms, movies, series, etc. I watch the news, cooking shows, and diy or hgtv. Period.

Hijinx

Reiner promises to use his resources. I hope he uses every penny he has on this crazy wild goose chase.
However I believe his resources will come to a screeching halt after a couple of weeks of finding nothing.
be nice if he investigated why Hillary sold Russia 20% of our Uranium and why Obama sent Iran billions of dollars.

But of course his only interest is in bringing down Trump
Rot o' Ruck you dumb meathead Mother Trucker.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Reiner promises to use his resources. I hope he uses every penny he has on this crazy wild goose chase.
However I believe his resources will come to a screeching halt after a couple of weeks of finding nothing.
be nice if he investigated why Hillary sold Russia 20% of our Uranium and why Obama sent Iran billions of dollars.

But of course his only interest is in bringing down Trump
Rot o' Ruck you dumb meathead Mother Trucker.

I love the 'meathead' reference. :lol: I forgot about that.

Here is Tucker's interview with Reiner. It is short. Trying to find the entirety.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politi...g-psyche-hollywood-royalty-rob-reiner/ri21005

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I Know Right .... I though he was smarter than that

Every time I think I like some celebrity or other person I don't know, I am reminded....I don't know these people. I only know the characters they play. So thanks, Morgan Freeman, for this latest reminder.

SamSpade

What they're going to find - just as I believe others have - is that the REAL meddlers in the election who colluded with Russians - were the Democrats.
And then they will quietly stop their investigation, because they have no interest whatsoever in "the truth".

Wishbone

What they're going to find - just as I believe others have - is that the REAL meddlers in the election who colluded with Russians - were the Democrats.
And then they will quietly stop their investigation, because they have no interest whatsoever in "the truth".

:yeahthat:

SamSpade

You can put me under conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the entire Russian narrative was concocted as a tool to screw Trump should he gain the lead.
They put together the surveillance and the "opposition research" - totally MADE UP some stories - and created the image that he was doing stuff with the Russians to gain traction.
Why do I think it was concocted? Occam's Razor - it makes more sense than what the Democrats are advancing, because there's no evidence that the Russians were offered anything.
They don't gain anything with a Trump win. The meetings suggested have no or little substance. And the peeing hooker story WAS linked to Democrats.
THIS was their October surprise. Should Trump get ahead, they could start spilling the story - and then quietly retract it after a Hillary win.
Also, it explains why the administration "knew" about all this and said and did nothing - because it was a scheme and wasn't needed, since their candidate was "winning".

I mean - why WOULDN'T they out the information as soon as they knew it? Once he was the nominee, they SHOULD have spilled it all.
But they didn't, because - knowing it was crap, it could backfire on them. It was needed as a short term stunt.
Remember Romney and the "birth control" thing during the debates - and his clear incredulity that it was an issue at all?
THAT was a stunt. Hillary brought up the Russian collusion thing obliquely during the debates.

After the election, there's been a flurry of talk about Russian collusion - for a while. Once it got down to actual investigation and real work - the room is silent.
Because while you can take forever to search for documents that never existed, you REALLY don't want competent people finding out the whole thing was crap.
The DNC stomped Bernie - someone tried to silence the leakers - they tried to link *Russia* to the leaks but it seriously looks more and more that people INSIDE did it.

But the story has gone cold because there's very little to go on, because it never existed at all.

Tech

O.J. is getting out soon, maybe they'll hire him since he has all that investigative experience hunting for the real killer.

PeoplesElbow

F'in meat head

meathead.jpg

Hijinx

You can put me under conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the entire Russian narrative was concocted as a tool to screw Trump should he gain the lead.
They put together the surveillance and the "opposition research" - totally MADE UP some stories - and created the image that he was doing stuff with the Russians to gain traction.
Why do I think it was concocted? Occam's Razor - it makes more sense than what the Democrats are advancing, because there's no evidence that the Russians were offered anything.
They don't gain anything with a Trump win. The meetings suggested have no or little substance. And the peeing hooker story WAS linked to Democrats.
THIS was their October surprise. Should Trump get ahead, they could start spilling the story - and then quietly retract it after a Hillary win.
Also, it explains why the administration "knew" about all this and said and did nothing - because it was a scheme and wasn't needed, since their candidate was "winning".

I mean - why WOULDN'T they out the information as soon as they knew it? Once he was the nominee, they SHOULD have spilled it all.
But they didn't, because - knowing it was crap, it could backfire on them. It was needed as a short term stunt.
Remember Romney and the "birth control" thing during the debates - and his clear incredulity that it was an issue at all?
THAT was a stunt. Hillary brought up the Russian collusion thing obliquely during the debates.

After the election, there's been a flurry of talk about Russian collusion - for a while. Once it got down to actual investigation and real work - the room is silent.
Because while you can take forever to search for documents that never existed, you REALLY don't want competent people finding out the whole thing was crap.
The DNC stomped Bernie - someone tried to silence the leakers - they tried to link *Russia* to the leaks but it seriously looks more and more that people INSIDE did it.

But the story has gone cold because there's very little to go on, because it never existed at all.

I believe you are on the right track. This whole Russian scam was made up by the Democrats to hurt Trump.
Meathead will drop this as soon as he gets the real lowdown.
We ar spending $500 bucks an hour for 16 Democrat lawyers to go on this fishing expedition.

My true feeling are that even if the Russians did support Trump How many countries elections did Obama stick his nose into.
Ho can it be right that Obama was involved in the elections of other countries, but no one is allowed to make a comment about ours.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Meathead will drop this as soon as he gets the real lowdown.

Meathead already has the real lowdown. However, like the election results, he doesn't want to accept it.

Note that none of them want to "investigate" Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Pakistani terrorist IT guy.

Hijinx

Meathead already has the real lowdown. However, like the election results, he doesn't want to accept it.

Note that none of them want to "investigate" Debbie Wasserman Schultz's Pakistani terrorist IT guy.

Yes the Pakistani IT guy has become old news.
I cannot uinderstand half this country being the sore losers they are.
Too stupid to realize we would have had a real mess if Hillary had been elected.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I kind of think there probably was some Russian collusion on both sides. Not that either sides were doing it for any nefarious reasons, just that the Russians wanted some kind of strings to pull with whoever won. The D's would probably be going through the same witch hunt at this time if Hill had won