Hattie Bad But Now Repentant Terrier

Popster

Don't know if you folks are aware that both Terriers and Huskies (and Hattie is a mix of Siberian Huskie and Wheaton Terrier) are known for liking to take off on walkabouts. So after taking off and returning completely covered on one side with goose poop....

Mom, Can I please come in. The goose poop doesn't smell that bad to me

HattieGoosePoop.JPG

I had to endure ANOTHER bath just to get into me house. The horror, the horror. Oh well, anything to keep my mom happy.

Hattie Bath Pennance.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
Don't know if you folks are aware that both Terriers and Huskies (and Hattie is a mix of Siberian Huskie and Wheaton Terrier) are known for liking to take off on walkabouts. So after taking off and returning completely covered on one side with goose poop....

Mom, Can I please come in. The goose poop doesn't smell that bad to me

View attachment 120025

I had to endure ANOTHER bath just to get into me house. The horror, the horror. Oh well, anything to keep my mom happy.

View attachment 120027

Goose poop! I don't know if I want to jet or faint. I will do both :jet::faint: Hattie will forever be the critter mascot of this forum. I love her so much. Daisy might be cute, but Hattie is cuter! :smile:

You triggered a memory. When I was a youngin', we had a standard beagle named Reggie. He learned how to jump the six foot fence and go on his adventures, and then he would come home; covered in poop of dogs, deer, whatever. On a particular nite (I was 11 and my besties were over for a sleepover in our sunroom, 1966).

My bros thought it would be funny to let stinky Reggie in where we were. My parents didn't know what was happening with all the screaming. You know the rest of the story. :lol:

Also, want to say that bros had to give Reggie a bath, and they got punished. :lol:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apollo did that. I was like, what is that stench??? He required more than one bathing to get rid of it. Goose poop stinks terrible.

luvmygdaughters

Goose poop! I don't know if I want to jet or faint. I will do both :jet::faint: Hattie will forever be the critter mascot of this forum. I love her so much. Daisy might be cute, but Hattie is cuter! :smile:

You triggered a memory. When I was a youngin', we had a standard beagle named Reggie. He learned how to jump the six foot fence and go on his adventures, and then he would come home; covered in poop of dogs, deer, whatever. On a particular nite (I was 11 and my besties were over for a sleepover in our sunroom, 1966).

My bros thought it would be funny to let stinky Reggie in where we were. My parents didn't know what was happening with all the screaming. You know the rest of the story. :lol:

Also, want to say that bros had to give Reggie a bath, and they got punished. :lol:

Yep, when we lived on a farm and our sweet girl Nikki, would invariably run over to the cow pasture and proceed to "perfume" herself with cow manure!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yep, when we lived on a farm and our sweet girl Nikki, would invariably run over to the cow pasture and proceed to "perfume" herself with cow manure!!

Boy, that brought back memories from long ago! We had a shepherd-collie named Prince who loved to go to the neighbor's farm, round up the cows, then take a poop bath by rolling over and over in it. :lmao:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Popster, I hope you are reading these posts to Hattie. She will know she is not alone, and just being a dog! :huggy: to you both! They understand more than we will ever know. She is awesome! :smile:

I cringe when I see Daisy rolling in the yard. We don't have a privacy fence in Olney. We never needed. a fence in Calvert because we lived on 5 acres. It is split rail all around. Our property is surrounded by 6 houses. Fish bowl; different than Calvert. It is amazing to me how many fences the deer can jump over, and find their poop lands in our yard. And, now, we have a groundhog living under our deck that we are trying to trap. If we can catch hm, we will take him to Lake Needwood and release him. I found an itsy bitsy spider in my sink tonight, and secured him, and let him go outside. :lol: All critters are important to me.

Last edited:

Popster

"See that Dad, ize just being a dog!" That's her story and she's sticking to it. She did go crabbing with me and barked at the rockfish we caught. However, now for the first time since being a pup, she had diarrhea and is under the weather. We're positing that she may have had a little snack while visiting the geese. That can lead to parasites and some fancy bacterial infections. We will watch her for a day and get her to the vet if needed. Moral of the story, don't be messing with those geese.

frequentflier

happy to be living
"See that Dad, ize just being a dog!" That's her story and she's sticking to it. She did go crabbing with me and barked at the rockfish we caught. However, now for the first time since being a pup, she had diarrhea and is under the weather. We're positing that she may have had a little snack while visiting the geese. That can lead to parasites and some fancy bacterial infections. We will watch her for a day and get her to the vet if needed. Moral of the story, don't be messing with those geese.

Go to the grocery store and buy some straight canned pumpkin and that should help with the diarrhea. Use a tablespoon or two initially.

Popster

Thanks for the tip. She's now back to normal and wildly sniffing and searching the field. We heard coyotes yipping last night, so there may be some good smells out there.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thanks for the tip. She's now back to normal and wildly sniffing and searching the field. We heard coyotes yipping last night, so there may be some good smells out there.

I have always had a can of pumpkin in the pantry for that very reason, and the unused portion can be frozen for future use. Glad Hattie is back to normal. I, actually, saw a coyote when driving out of St. Leonard one day back when on the way to PF. :yikes: But, they are critters, too. I have, always, felt bad that humans displace wildlife. Just like today. I found a YUGE spider cricket in my basement; I captured him and let him out. Love to Hattie.

Last edited: