St. Mary's College wasting Tax Payers money

wineo

loving life
I just find it hard to believe that the President of St. Mary's College, hires a limo service for all her driving needs:faint:. Drive her to and from OC???

What a waste of money. I can only imagine what that cost. Think of all the money that could be saved, if she just drove herself.

Not like she has no Dr. Lic or a car, or like St. Mary's is such a Big City.........

Shame on the college... This is our money, Tax payers money. How many like that your dollars are going to her for driving services........

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.... I just think it is wrong. JMHO

glhs837

Power with Control
I just find it hard to believe that the President of St. Mary's College, hires a limo service for all her driving needs:faint:. Drive her to and from OC???

What a waste of money. I can only imagine what that cost. Think of all the money that could be saved, if she just drove herself.

Not like she has no Dr. Lic or a car, or like St. Mary's is such a Big City.........

Shame on the college... This is our money, Tax payers money. How many like that your dollars are going to her for driving services........

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.... I just think it is wrong. JMHO

Maybe she pays for it out of her +300K salary?

wineo

loving life
No, she does not pay for it. The tax payers of MD are so nice they pay for it. And it is just not to OC, it is to all over. The college has an ad looking for a driver for her. Just lame on the college to allow this. Drive your car, who do you think you are, that you have to have a driver??? In St. Mary's?? Could save thousands that could go to other programs. Just my thoughts.

Weems

Is there evidence that actual tax payers paid for this? Or could it be paid from endowments? Wouldn't be unheard of to have an endowment earmarked for carting around the college president. Without an actual story to dig into it's hard to say...

Spook

The college prez now has a serious freakazoid working as her executive asst. Looks Liberace-like, saw him/her/shim the other day. Diversity at its best.

awpitt

Main Streeter
No, she does not pay for it. The tax payers of MD are so nice they pay for it. And it is just not to OC, it is to all over. The college has an ad looking for a driver for her. Just lame on the college to allow this. Drive your car, who do you think you are, that you have to have a driver??? In St. Mary's?? Could save thousands that could go to other programs. Just my thoughts.

Where's this ad at? Just looked at the college Website and there are no openings for a driver.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Where's this ad at? Just looked at the college Website and there are no openings for a driver.

Google had it but it appears to have gone poof -
google said:
Driver/Special Assistant to the President - St. Mary's College of Maryland
www.smcm.edu/hr/smcm-job/driverspecial-assistant-president/
Office of Human Resources / Jobs / Driver/Special Assistant to the President ... Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal ...

glhs837

Power with Control
The college has an ad looking for a driver for her.

The college prez now has a serious freakazoid working as her executive asst. Looks Liberace-like, saw him/her/shim the other day. Diversity at its best.

(placesfingersagainsttempleandhums) I am sensing a connection between these things.......