Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politicizing sports = big mistake

"Wow! Did you see that play? Me, either." - Dennis Miller :
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    I wonder what the board room discussions will be for the major sponsors in the next few weeks as ratings reports come in.
    NFL Sponsors:

Anheuser-Busch
    Barclaycard US
    Bose
    Bridgestone
    Campbell's Soup Company
    Castrol
    Courtyard Marriott
    Dairy Management, Inc. (Fuel Up to Play 60)
    Dannon
    Extreme Networks
    FedEx
    Frito-Lay
    Gatorade
    Hyundai Motor America
    Mars Snackfood
    Microsoft
    Nationwide
    News America
    Papa John's
    Pepsi
    Procter & Gamble
    Quaker
    Verizon
    Visa
    USAA
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rommey View Post
    NFL Sponsors:

Anheuser-Busch
    Barclaycard US
    Bose
    Bridgestone
    Campbell's Soup Company
    Castrol
    Courtyard Marriott
    Dairy Management, Inc. (Fuel Up to Play 60)
    Dannon
    Extreme Networks
    FedEx
    Frito-Lay
    Gatorade
    Hyundai Motor America
    Mars Snackfood
    Microsoft
    Nationwide
    News America
    Papa John's
    Pepsi
    Procter & Gamble
    Quaker
    Verizon
    Visa
    USAA

Man, that's a lot of boycottin' y'all are going to have to do. Good luck boycotting Verizon in SOMD, because all other carriers' coverage sucks down here.

Blog Entries

Meanwhile

"We are proud of our players ... (they) make a positive difference in our society," - Giants co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch.
    Name:  piss.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  22.4 KB
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Can you please re-post all your comments and all the comments of the rest on here as it relates to college campuses banning free speech?

None of you...not one...are any better than those coddled kids on campus. You all are just the same. You want to ban speech you don't like. No difference. Of course none of you will see it that way. That is what happens when you can't think.

You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!

If they worked for me' we already would have had a employee / owner meeting over this topic, it would be a short meeting. You men stand up and put that hand over your heart like the man that writes your checks tells you to do with a huge smile on your face, Or clean your locker out.
    But here's a tid-bit of information for you and the others that have never been outside of your moms basement much less employed,
    Employees don't have a Constitutional right to free speech or freedom of expression at work. The Constitution's right to free speech only applies when the government is trying to restrict it. Even then, it's not absolute. ... So employers are generally free to restrict employee speech, at least while they are at work.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Weems View Post
    Man, that's a lot of boycottin' y'all are going to have to do. Good luck boycotting Verizon in SOMD, because all other carriers' coverage sucks down here.
    Rom was just posting the sponsors. I don't think he meant that people will boycott, but that some of those companies will most likely boycott football. You are complicating it all.

I do have to say we have stopped buying Pepsi products for a while now, because of their insistence in getting involved in politics, and Target, too. No company should get involved in politics. Period.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-24-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    If they worked for me' we already would have had a employee / owner meeting over this topic, it would be a short meeting. You men stand up and put that hand over your heart like the man that writes your checks tells you to do with a huge smile on your face, Or clean your locker out.
    But here's a tid-bit of information for you and the others that have never been outside of your moms basement much less employed,
    Employees don't have a Constitutional right to free speech or freedom of expression at work. The Constitution's right to free speech only applies when the government is trying to restrict it. Even then, it's not absolute. ... So employers are generally free to restrict employee speech, at least while they are at work.
    You just posted what my hub said to me when I read transporter's post to him. I'll be darned, we do have something in common, and think alike.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-24-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Name:  piss.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  22.4 KB
    It looks like he is peeing like a dog. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but the critter kind. Not the human kind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Can you please re-post all your comments and all the comments of the rest on here as it relates to college campuses banning free speech?

None of you...not one...are any better than those coddled kids on campus. You all are just the same. You want to ban speech you don't like. No difference. Of course none of you will see it that way. That is what happens when you can't think.

You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!
    Please show me where I called for these antics to be banned.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

10. 09-25-2017, 01:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Please show me where I called for these antics to be banned.
    I am sorry, vrai, but you made me laugh. You banned me when I was mamatutu. For whatever reason, I will never know.

Was it was because I went after bann. You, also, gave me an infraction as littlelady 2 years ago, and reason was 'don't start fight in here'. My point is that you can't have it both ways. Which leads us to the discussion on this thread. Apparently, some think they can have it both ways. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. I have, always, been honest. Just sayin'.

Also, you need to be part of admin that keeps this forum in line, or give it up and be a commenter. You can't do both. David knows how to do that. Just sayin'

Also, I have noticed the huge drop of responders to this forum, lately. Just looking out for you.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-25-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 69