Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Politicizing sports = big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I am sorry, vrai, but you made me laugh. You banned me when I was mamatutu. For whatever reason, I will never know.

Was it was because I went after bann. You, also, gave me an infraction as littlelady 2 years ago, and reason was 'don't start fight in here'. My point is that you can't have it both ways. Which leads us to the discussion on this thread. Apparently, some think they can have it both ways. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. I have, always, been honest. Just sayin'.

Also, you need to be part of admin that keeps this forum in line, or give it up and be a commenter. You can't do both. David knows how to do that. Just sayin'

Also, I have noticed the huge drop of responders to this forum, lately. Just looking out for you.
    This is not a opening nor a olive branch from me for open conversation with you.
    I do believe that Vrai was talking about the NFL players being banned not anyone on this forum.
    As a Moderator Mrs Vrai is very fair when someone is given an infraction, a day to a month off or is Perma-Banned. We get away with more shenanigans here than any other forum that I read or post on.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    This is not a opening nor a olive branch from me for open conversation with you.
    I do believe that Vrai was talking about the NFL players being banned not anyone on this forum.
    As a Moderator Mrs Vrai is very fair when someone is given an infraction, a day to a month off or is Perma-Banned. We get away with more shenanigans here than any other forum that I read or post on.

Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,. Period. As far as
    olive branch and convo, I don't expect that from you. I guess you got an infraction, too. Shenanigans is not the word I would have used to reply to me; it backs up what I posted. But, that is ok. I have a life that I am dealing with, but I have always loved this forum when I found it in 2011. I wasn't inferring that vrai was talking about anyone but the NFL. It was just my posting of history here. But, it seems similar. That's all. Thanks for your reply.

I do want to add that when an owner/admin can say/do whatever at whim on a forum they created, seems like a dictatorship. That's all.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-25-2017 at 04:40 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,. Period. As far as
    olive branch and convo, I don't expect that from you. I guess you got an infraction, too. Shenanigans is not the word I would have used to reply to me; it backs up what I posted. But, that is ok. I have a life that I am dealing with, but I have always loved this forum when I found it in 2011. I wasn't inferring that vrai was talking about anyone but the NFL. It was just my posting of history here. But, it seems similar. That's all. Thanks for your reply.

I do want to add that when an owner/admin can say/do whatever at whim on a forum they created, seems like a dictatorship. That's all.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Thanks for saving my reply, but is wasn't necessary. You are a peach.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Can you please re-post all your comments and all the comments of the rest on here as it relates to college campuses banning free speech?

None of you...not one...are any better than those coddled kids on campus. You all are just the same. You want to ban speech you don't like. No difference. Of course none of you will see it that way. That is what happens when you can't think.

You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!

Ban? Nope. Let them experience repercussions from their employers, sure. Every single employee in this country lives with restrictions on what they may or may not do when representing their employers. These chuckleheads want to buy some airtime on a Sunday and play the anthem so they can kneel during it, more power to them. They want to get a permit for the National Mall and do that there, knock yourselves out. Your freedom of speech doesn't extend to you hijacking airtime that someone else has paid for for that speech. If I unfurl a banner in a stadium, they have every right to remove me. Correct? Same concept.

Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,.

Psst, it is a dictatorship. All forums are, just like any privately owned venue. Can the bar owner tell you to get the hell out or shut the hell up? Sure can.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!

Not on your EMPLOYERS Time ....
    Freedom of Speech revolves around addressing grievances with the Gov. on the street corner not at your Place of Work ....
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Freedom of Speech revolves around addressing grievances with the Gov. on the street corner not at your Place of Work ....
    Holding meaningful employment is an unfortunate pre-requisite to this type of knowledge. Obviously, some do not understand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Not on your EMPLOYERS Time ....
    Right, but apparently their employers are on board with this. Team owners want to turn their thugs into political activists, and that is their right. Just as it is the right of the consumer to stop consuming and find other entertainment options.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Right, but apparently their employers are on board with this. Team owners want to turn their thugs into political activists, and that is their right. Just as it is the right of the consumer to stop consuming and find other entertainment options.

Yep, I saw Krafts letter about this and was saddened. I assume that perhaps that owners and players union are talking and the owners are thinking the bad press of the players "protesting" will cost them less than the losses of a players strike, which I'm sure the players are hinting at behind the scenes.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yep, I saw Krafts letter about this and was saddened. I assume that perhaps that owners and players union are talking and the owners are thinking the bad press of the players "protesting" will cost them less than the losses of a players strike, which I'm sure the players are hinting at behind the scenes.
    What are they going to do about the fans strike?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 69