Man With A Gun Stops Mass Shooting

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tennessee Church Shooting Suspect Is A Sudanese Bodybuilder

Nashville Police have identified the suspect of a mass shooting at a church Sunday morning as 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson.

Samson is being charged with murder and multiple counts of attempted murder in the attack that killed one and left at least seven other people injured at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, a town just south of Nashville, Tenn.

[clip]

A Nashville Police Department spokesman said the shooter entered the church after 11 a.m. CST wearing a neoprene ski mask. One woman was shot in the parking lot before the shooter entered the church and opened fire on about 42 people still inside.

One church member, 22-year-old Caleb Engle, confronted the shooter before being pistol whipped in the face. Engle then went to his car to retrieve a gun, which he has under a concealed carry license.

Engle returned to the church to confront the gunman again. The gunman shot himself in the face when the man returned, possibly by accident.

how is this NOT Splashed All Over Then NEWS ...... Right the Shooter is NOT White, but an Immigrant and Black

This_person

how is this NOT Splashed All Over Then NEWS ...... Right the Shooter is NOT White, but an Immigrant and Black

A legal immigrant at that.

But, there's more about the kid that helped with this:

DKhwORIUQAAi0gK.jpg

Any good Christian is doing the same - praying for the families of the victims AND THE SHOOTER. They're all in pain.

glhs837

Power with Control

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Pretty gutsy for someone to approach a gunman. Especially when they themselves are unarmed. Hopefully the good guy wasn't hurt seriously.

transporter

Anyone keeping score of GURPS' fake news count for the day? Is there some sort of record he is trying to beat?

This and the BS story about the NFL rule book ought to point out GURP's inability to use legitimate sources.

Makes you wonder if GURPS isn't a Russian bot...given every one of his posts expresses some anti-American sentiment.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Anyone keeping score of GURPS' fake news count for the day? Is there some sort of record he is trying to beat?

This and the BS story about the NFL rule book ought to point out GURP's inability to use legitimate sources.

Makes you wonder if GURPS isn't a Russian bot...given every one of his posts expresses some anti-American sentiment.

What was fake about the church shooting story? It was plastered all over the news first thing in the morning.

glhs837

Power with Control
What was fake about the church shooting story? It was plastered all over the news first thing in the morning.

Well, the fact that is was widely reported in the national media, and he said it wasn't, that could be fake news, I suppose. As to whether the bit about "being stopped by the armed citizen" is fake or not sorta depends on the timeline and details. The citizen initially tackled him without having his own gun, it was out in the parking lot. If the guy did shoot himself in the face during that scuffle, and was incapacitated by that shooting enough that he was incapable of resuming his attack means that the presence of the gun later didn't really stop a mass shooting. Now, if the guy was okay to keep shooting and the citizen prevented further shooting by coming back in with his gun, then it fits the "prevented more killing" story.

Since we have two reports, one each way, we don't know.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As to whether the bit about "being stopped by the armed citizen" is fake or not sorta depends on the timeline and details. The citizen initially tackled him without having his own gun, it was out in the parking lot. If the guy did shoot himself in the face during that scuffle, and was incapacitated by that shooting enough that he was incapable of resuming his attack means that the presence of the gun later didn't really stop a mass shooting. Now, if the guy was okay to keep shooting and the citizen prevented further shooting by coming back in with his gun, then it fits the "prevented more killing" story.

Since we have two reports, one each way, we don't know.

Pretty much matches up with everything I've seen reported so far. I understand he didn't have his firearm in the church and went and retrieved it only after the fight.

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty much matches up with everything I've seen reported so far. I understand he didn't have his firearm in the church and went and retrieved it only after the fight.

So, if the scumbag was incapacitated during the fight, then the armed citizens gun didn't really prevent more violence, did it? More of a security blanket at that point.

Hijinx

I wasn't there. Don't know what really happened. But if the citizen returned with his own gun it's pretty obvious he would have stopped it if the idiot hadn't shot
himself.

One thing about coming back with a gun. If you don't intend to use it get in the car with it and leave.

If you return with a gun figure on popping a cap in the guys ass as soon as you get a clear shot.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
So I hear, latest reports, a black shooter shooting up a white church, confronted by a concealed carry holder......nothing to see here, no news.........move on. All go against the progressive leftist narrative.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well, the fact that is was widely reported in the national media,

well I didn't hear about until this morning ....

and he said it wasn't, that could be fake news, I suppose.

ah yes, my own fake news

:howdy: Toe JAM .. still the Whining Mewling Quim

if keeping track of me keeps you from beating your wife, go on with your bad self
however what exactly was FAKE about the THE STORIES ?
I admitted I missed the shooting story until this morning ... it wasn't in my Facebook feed or lurking on Yahoo News

Anti American or Anti Progressive ... and I am hardly a Bot I was here long before Obama was elected

Last edited:

Hank

my war
:howdy: Toe JAM .. still the Whining Mewling Quim

if keeping track of me keeps you from beating your wife, go on with your bad self
however what exactly was FAKE about the THE STORIES ?
I admitted I missed the shooting story until this morning ... it wasn't in my Facebook feed or lurking on Yahoo News

Anti American or Anti Progressive ... and I am hardly a Bot I was here long before Obama was elected

You get your news from a Facebook feed.... Nuff said..... :buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
I wasn't there. Don't know what really happened. But if the citizen returned with his own gun it's pretty obvious he would have stopped it if the idiot hadn't shot
himself.

One thing about coming back with a gun. If you don't intend to use it get in the car with it and leave.

If you return with a gun figure on popping a cap in the guys ass as soon as you get a clear shot.

Would have, I'm sure, but lets not do what the left does, play so fast and loose with wouldas that we dont acknowledge what did happen. Which is that the citizen did what he did without his weapon, just with his own brave self.

So I hear, latest reports, a black shooter shooting up a white church, confronted by a concealed carry holder......nothing to see here, no news.........move on. All go against the progressive leftist narrative.

You know he attended that church a year or two ago,, right? Not sure if this is black/white, or insane/sane. And the concealed carry holder wasnt carrying when he confronted him.

NY Post

After being pistol-whipped, Engle went to his car to get his own weapon and held Samson — who had shot himself, apparently accidentally — at gunpoint until cops arrived, police said.

Washington Post, the headline even...

Masked gunman rampages through Nashville church; usher uses personal weapon to subdue shooter

CNN, no mention of the usher having a weapon at all, of course :)

This ones phrasing is interesting....... and no mention of the usher getting his weapon...... this as written sounds like the shooter made a choice to shoot himself, as opposed to it happening during the pistol whipping..... I think it far more likely that dumbass was hitting the usher with his pistol and poor trigger finger discipline get the better of him

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-church-shooting-nashville-tennessee-20170924-story.html

Aaron says the gunman then entered the rear of the church and six people were shot. Aaron says a churchgoer who confronted the gunman was pistol-whipped by the suspect, who then shot himself.

The point is that if we expect intellectual honesty from the other side, we need to practice it ourselves. We know that his barehanded attack stopped the initial shooting. We know the shooter suffered a gunshot to the face before the usher retrieved his weapon. That's pretty much what we know.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Media Ignore Mass Shooting In Tennessee Because It Doesn't Fit Their Leftist Narrative

Emanuel Kidega Samson, from Sudan, first murdered Melanie Smith, 39, in the parking lot, then entered Burnette Chapel Church of Christ and started shooting. He was only stopped by the heroism of an usher, Caleb Engle, 22, who was pistol-whipped in the face, but held tight until Samson accidentally shot himself. Engle then retrieved his firearm from his car and stood guard over Samson until police arrived.

Matt Walsh, in a powerful column at The Blaze, pointed out:

Maybe you read about this story on page 14 of the newspaper. I’m not exaggerating, either. The New York Times put this mass shooting on page 14. The front page was dominated by athletes kneeling. Or perhaps you heard it mentioned in a 12-second blurb at the end of a cable newscast last night. I flipped through a few different channels and didn’t hear it even mentioned one time, but maybe they got around to it. Of course, in a 60-minute broadcast they had to allot at least 59 minutes to cataloging the posture of NFL players. If you managed to sit through all of that, you may have heard the “P.S. There was a mass shooting at a church today okay that’s all goodnight” at the end.

Walsh noted:

The church shooting does no favors to the liberal narrative, so it must be ignored. The shooter was black. He’s a Sudanese immigrant. He killed a white woman. He was stopped by a good guy with a gun. If the races were switched and you removed the pesky pro-Second Amendment element of the story, perhaps it may have fighting chance to compete with choreographed protests in professional sports for airtime.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Media Ignore Mass Shooting In Tennessee Because It Doesn't Fit Their Leftist Narrative

Emanuel Kidega Samson, from Sudan, first murdered Melanie Smith, 39, in the parking lot, then entered Burnette Chapel Church of Christ and started shooting. He was only stopped by the heroism of an usher, Caleb Engle, 22, who was pistol-whipped in the face, but held tight until Samson accidentally shot himself. Engle then retrieved his firearm from his car and stood guard over Samson until police arrived.

Maybe you read about this story on page 14 of the newspaper. I’m not exaggerating, either. The New York Times put this mass shooting on page 14. The front page was dominated by athletes kneeling. Or perhaps you heard it mentioned in a 12-second blurb at the end of a cable newscast last night. I flipped through a few different channels and didn’t hear it even mentioned one time, but maybe they got around to it. Of course, in a 60-minute broadcast they had to allot at least 59 minutes to cataloging the posture of NFL players. If you managed to sit through all of that, you may have heard the “P.S. There was a mass shooting at a church today okay that’s all goodnight” at the end.

Walsh noted:
The church shooting does no favors to the liberal narrative, so it must be ignored. The shooter was black. He’s a Sudanese immigrant. He killed a white woman. He was stopped by a good guy with a gun. If the races were switched and you removed the pesky pro-Second Amendment element of the story, perhaps it may have fighting chance to compete with choreographed protests in professional sports for airtime.

Yep. We are not amused, or surprised. The thing is that the left leaning msm doesn't think we get it, but we do.

Chris0nllyn

Walsh noted:

It was shown that the media did, in fact, reoprt on it and you double down.