Anyone ever tried to recycle guardrails?

sparkyaclown

I have some guardrail that was thrown in the woods by the builder when they originally built the neighborhood 17 years ago. Anyone know if I'll have an issue hauling it to the scrap metal places to sell? I'm not sure the legalities of selling it off. It's all twisted up so it's not much use for anything else. I've left it alone mainly because it was buried in a bunch of vines and briars but I recently started clearing that stuff out. It's not in the way, just seems a shame to leave it there to slowly rust away.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
If recycle places up there are like they are in Tampa, they will just probably ask you where you got it, if you think it is stolen, and make you sign a paper stating such. Should be no problem getting scrap value for it, though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Call this guy - County Highways Richard Tarr (301) 475-4200 ext. *3540 - and ask him about it or if they would come and retrieve their junk off your property.

Call this guy - County Highways Richard Tarr (301) 475-4200 ext. *3540 - and ask him about it or if they would come and retrieve their junk off your property.

And if that doesn't work, take them to the metal recycler on Rt 4 and get a few bucks for them.