Cellphone mic/earpiece

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does anyone have an earpiece for their phone that is actually comfortable? Mine is one of those with the little loop that goes over your ear and holds the mic thingie in place, but it's somewhat painful to wear.

Suggestions?

Weems

Does anyone have an earpiece for their phone that is actually comfortable? Mine is one of those with the little loop that goes over your ear and holds the mic thingie in place, but it's somewhat painful to wear.

Suggestions?

I went with a pair of bone conduction headphones. They sound great, and the mic is more than adequate too.

https://aftershokz.com/

Is what I currently use, but there are others. I never liked those loops/hooks and I could never find an earbud that would stay put in my ear.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Suggestions?

I always thought those things made you look like a Borg.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Resistance IS futile, you know.....

Sometimes...

resistor.jpg

SamSpade

I went with a pair of bone conduction headphones. They sound great, and the mic is more than adequate too.

https://aftershokz.com/

Is what I currently use, but there are others. I never liked those loops/hooks and I could never find an earbud that would stay put in my ear.

This is **GREAT**! Thank you. I didn't know such things were commercially available.
I have a daughter with a hearing disability and no one has ever brought these up - not even the doctors we saw *yesterday*.

Weems

This is **GREAT**! Thank you. I didn't know such things were commercially available.
I have a daughter with a hearing disability and no one has ever brought these up - not even the doctors we saw *yesterday*.

Very cool - I hope they might bring your daughter some relief with her hearing.

I had no idea this type of tech might be useful for that, I just tried them on a lark really, hoping for a nicer alternative to having things stick in your ears, especially on long airline flights. I feel like they're the headphones I've been waiting for my whole life. They're great.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always thought those things made you look like a Borg.

My hair hides my earpiece, plus I'm not one of those people who walks around looking like a weirdo because they're talking to themselves. I use it almost exclusively for work because the speaker in my phone sux.