Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: We need to pick crabs

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I'm referring to normal steaming in some JO. Commercial crab steaming. The steam is already there. With fired pot steamers it does take time to get one rolling initially of corse. We do one of our annual crab feasts for a crowd of roughly 80 and roll with two 1 bushel pot steamers. A bushel is going on to the tables roughly every 15 to 20 minutes until we've cooked 8 bushels.

When I used to help a local seafood business cook crabs on weekends, the steam generator was almost instantaneous and the steam so hot that a bushel only took 15 minutes. Most crab houses use that kind of setup too. Or used to.
    even with big steam, 20-25 minutes of cooking time I thought was the norm. Two longtime friends, one a steamfitter and one a boilermaker, and myself having some electrical skills have spent more than an afternoon or two at Capt. Billy's, Robertsons, Port Tobacco and Shymansky's trading services for beer and sometimes even food Would have liked to marry into the Shymansky family but she loves that cop.....
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

22 minutes is perfection!

Members who have read this thread: 94