Only People Who Believe In Science Should Hold Public Office

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Leonardo DiCaprio Says Only People Who Believe In Science Should Hold Public Office — Then He Instantly Gets Fact Checked.

Being a hypocrite is an integral part of being a Liberal. One cannot be a Liberal without first being a hypocrite. So every time a Liberal is about to speak we can be rest assured that hypocrisy will be littered in their words. Let’s take Leonardo DiCaprio’s speech at Yale University last week as an example.

During the speech he said that public office should only he held by those who believe in science.

His exact words, according to the Hartford Courant, were: “We are going to look back at this point in history, and frankly this administration, and certain people are going to be vilified for not taking action. We should not have people in office who do not believe in facts and truths and modern science that are able to manipulate and risk the entire future of this entire generation.”

an awesome lecture from a High School dropout :yay:

Clem72

an awesome lecture from a High School dropout :yay:

Well he got his GED and apparently went to one of the highest regarded secondary schools for advanced students in the nation. I would probably have dropped out too if I already had a half dozen movie credits to my name and a fulltime acting schedule. Have to strike while the iron is hot, you can always go back to school later.

Guess what I am saying is what we already know, schooling doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well he got his GED and apparently went to one of the highest regarded secondary schools for advanced students in the nation. I would probably have dropped out too if I already had a half dozen movie credits to my name and a fulltime acting schedule. Have to strike while the iron is hot, you can always go back to school later.

Guess what I am saying is what we already know, schooling doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence.
Exactly, one could have all kinds of degrees on the wall, and not have sense enough to pour p*ss out of a boot.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm all for believing the scientific method. Do so myself. But that's not what Leo really means, is it? No, he means that you need to believe whichever hypothesis is currently beloved of the media and celebrities. Which in the past would have had you believing in the health benefits of cigarettes, then upcoming ice age and of course the evils of DDT and lets not forget the evils of Alar.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If Leo really believed what he's peddling, he'd stop using private planes to traipse around and he would reduce his own carbon footprint by downsizing his multiple mansions.

It's amazing to me that these vapid celebretards are allowed to go off on their silly tears, and very few people think to respond, "You go first."

glhs837

Power with Control
If Leo really believed what he's peddling, he'd stop using private planes to traipse around and he would reduce his own carbon footprint by downsizing his multiple mansions.

It's amazing to me that these vapid celebretards are allowed to go off on their silly tears, and very few people think to respond, "You go first."

"But the work I do highlighting this issue is of far greater impact than my measly jet. If I can help pass legislation to restrict the prol... I mean people to not burning as much fuel in their cars, then I will negate all 50 flights I took in my private jet!!! And if I can shut down the coal industry, then it's as if my mega-yacht never fired up it's massive diesel engines up to haul myself and the Obamas around the south of France...."

Yeah, when they lead the way by only boating in sail only vessels and riding coach in the aircraft and taking the bus to the set, they can STF about emissions :)