This is a real question:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Didn't the players used to come out after the anthem was played? I have this memory, which may be flawed, that they did the anthem, then introduced the players. No?

So why wouldn't they go back to that? Or would that squelch the dissent and divisiveness the Left is trying to foment?

terbear1225

What I have been told/ seen posted is that they used to stay in the locker room until about 2009. Then the various recruitment orgs paid the NFL to have the teams come out to promote enlistment

luvmygdaughters

Didn't the players used to come out after the anthem was played? I have this memory, which may be flawed, that they did the anthem, then introduced the players. No?

So why wouldn't they go back to that? Or would that squelch the dissent and divisiveness the Left is trying to foment?

From a CNN website: "While the anthem continued to be a game-day fixture, NFL players typically stayed in the locker room for it.
There were exceptions, of course -- players observed the anthem after 9/11, and during Super Bowl games. But it wasn't until 2009 that players were mandated to be on the field for the song."

SamSpade

That must be football. I have recollections of baseball ALWAYS having players stand for the anthem.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds

There you go, change this to appease the left. If you can't be a solution, don't be part of the problem! Give them a inch and they will take a mile.

Last edited:

Sapidus

How ironic. Now they are promoting national hatred, not service. :lol:

Why do you equate hatred of our country with the desire for blacks to be treated equally to whites by police?

Seems like that says a lot more about you than it does about the players.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why do you equate hatred of our country with the desire for blacks to be treated equally to whites by police?

If they'd just stop shooting each other so often..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It would go further if, instead of protesting our flag and our national anthem, they would go into inner city 'hoods and try to convince the boyz to stop shooting each other and dealing drugs. They could also talk the corner girls into not popping out bebes they have no intention of caring for.

I mean, if they really wanted to do something for the "black community" and all...

And, unless you just enjoy being stupid, you could also look up the demographics on police shootings. Kwillia has posted it on here a few times in the last couple of days. Hint: cops are going to have to step it up if they want to shoot black people at the same rate as they shoot white people.

Hijinx

Maybe if blacks obeyed the law they would be treated equally by the law.

Oh! I know what you will say, but take a drive around the Beltway some day and see who passes you doing 90.

Hank

my war
What many people are missing in this debate is the fact that prior to 2009, NFL teams did not generally stand for the anthem. While having the option to do so individually if they chose to, most of the time they stayed in the locker room during this pregame ritual.

In fact, Tom E. Curran of Comcast Sportsnet New England reported, in August 2016, that NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed that the now common practice of players standing on the field together for the national anthem only began in 2009.

“NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed this morning the practice began in 2009, adding, ‘As you know, the NFL has a long tradition of patriotism. Players are encouraged but not required to stand for the anthem.’”

Additionally, it has come to light that many of the “patriotic” pregame displays in the NFL are simply propaganda displays that were paid for by the U.S. Department of Defense and the National Guard – meaning that these displays were actually paid for by the American taxpayers.

These displays of patriotic propaganda, called “paid patriotism,” were brought to light in April 2015, when Arizona Senator Jeff Flake released a statement condemning the practice.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nf...009-dod-then-began-a-paid-patriotism-program/

Sapidus

It would go further if, instead of protesting our flag and our national anthem, they would go into inner city 'hoods and try to convince the boyz to stop shooting each other and dealing drugs. They could also talk the corner girls into not popping out bebes they have no intention of caring for.

I mean, if they really wanted to do something for the "black community" and all...

And, unless you just enjoy being stupid, you could also look up the demographics on police shootings. Kwillia has posted it on here a few times in the last couple of days. Hint: cops are going to have to step it up if they want to shoot black people at the same rate as they shoot white people.

You are an idiot. Your argument is the same as saying we shouldn’t work to cure cancer since more people are killed in traffic collisions.

What gives you the right to tell people what to focus their efforts on. You aren’t their boss and probably contribute little to their salaries.

It smacks of racism and classism to tell
People to focus on within a community based on color before you can focus on risks inherent to people of color from whites. It’s not much different then saying how dare these uppity n***** advocate for better treatment we don’t even enslave them anymore.

And yet I’ve seen you claim to have black friends

You are a joke

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are an idiot. Your argument is the same as saying we shouldn’t work to cure cancer since more people are killed in traffic collisions.

What gives you the right to tell people what to focus their efforts on. You aren’t their boss and probably contribute little to their salaries.

It smacks of racism and classism to tell
People to focus on within a community based on color before you can focus on risks inherent to people of color from whites. It’s not much different then saying how dare these uppity n***** advocate for better treatment we don’t even enslave them anymore.

And yet I’ve seen you claim to have black friends

You are a joke

You're just mad because you got caught being stupid. :huggy:

Sapidus

You're just mad because you got caught being stupid. :huggy:

That would be you. Next time you complain about anything I’ll just tell you to fix the opioid crisis in the white community before you ask any other issues to be addressed. That’s the equivalent of your comparison. Try to think about how stupid that sounds.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
That would be you. Next time you conolain about anything I’ll just tell you to fix the opioid crisis in the white community before you ask any other issues to be addressed. That’s the equivalent of your comparison. Try to think about how stupid that sounds.

Conolain? :confused: And, why do you think opoid abuse is strictly a white problem?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It smacks of racism and classism to tell People to focus on within a community based on color before you can focus on risks inherent to people of color from whites.

problems can only be solved by the persons living in the affected communities ..... NFL Players kneeling at a sports event will change nothing