And His Jersey Sales Will Crater .... Alejandro Villanueva Caves ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Monday, after he had been celebrated by football fans and non-football fans alike for standing for the national anthem on Sunday, apart from his teammates who remained in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem to protest remarks of President Trump, Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Alejandro Villanueva, who served three tours in Afghanistan, apologized for his actions, blaming himself for standing apart from his team.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21516/steelers-military-vet-who-stood-anthem-apologizes-hank-berrien

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Can't wait to see if his endorsement deals fall through. Which person is this - the one that braved bullets and the enemy on three combat tours, or one that shrinks and surrenders in light of criticism by some for his stance Sunday? Can't be both and still be held esteemed.

nobody really

I need a nap
I don't get this whole bs....I mean, how many of them are taking a knee to protest all that is wrong with America. Ok. I get it. But, how many of them go home and beat their baby mama, don't pay child support, own handguns that aren't registered, cheat on their wives......ok. taking a knee will fix that. mmmkay.....how about giving away some of those millions to inner city kids?

Hijinx

On Monday, after he had been celebrated by football fans and non-football fans alike for standing for the national anthem on Sunday, apart from his teammates who remained in the locker room during the playing of the national anthem to protest remarks of President Trump, Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Alejandro Villanueva, who served three tours in Afghanistan, apologized for his actions, blaming himself for standing apart from his team.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21516/steelers-military-vet-who-stood-anthem-apologizes-hank-berrien

That black coach they have must have really raised hell. Nothing like a good threat to add unity to the team.

hitchicken

There are many real concerns and problems that face this nation. But choosing to hijack and kidnap the American flag and national anthem to address them is not going to gain sympathy. It's not the flag or national anthem's fault. There's no real connection.

Hijinx

The average NFL player makes 1.9 Million dollars.
70% of NFL players are black
Poor black folks are sure taking a phucking aren't they.
I don't blame them for kneeling.

Does this need a sarcasm tag?

hitchicken

Some decades ago, during my lifetime, I remember some American black athletes winning 1 of the 3 medals in the Olympic games, raised their fists in protest during the playing of the national anthem. I don't remember what it was for, what year it was, what city it was or who they were. If you didn't have search engines, you wouldn't know either. I can't say if things are any better or worse because of their disrespectful actions, but I don't recall anyone saying, "We take this action because so-and-so raised his fist".

On the other hand, I remember the name Jesse Owens, the Berlin Olympics and 1936... and I don't have to look it up. He whipped Hitler's supreme Aryan butts. I don't believe he did anything on the podium during the anthem. I WILL look it up. (Millienenials don't get history anymore, so they may not know)

Just sayin, football players...