'Marxist-Feminist Slut'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AMAZING: This Advice Letter From A Self-Proclaimed 'Marxist-Feminist Slut' To A Leftist Magazine Is Comedy GOLD

Earlier this month, in a bit of comedy gold that can only truly be appreciated with the Benny Hill theme music playing in the background, The Nation published the most absurd advice column in human history. It came from a self-proclaimed “Marxist-Feminist Slut.” What exactly was MFS’s big problem? Let’s let her explain:

I’m a 32-year-old woman who would like to have kids and a life partner in the not-so-distant future. And lucky me! I’ve recently started dating an excellent candidate. But I can’t even pretend to think it’s possible (or desirable) to have sex with just one person for the rest of my life or even, frankly, for a few years. 

This would seem to be a serious limitation. Is MFS a nymphomaniac? What exactly is the tragic disorder from which she suffers? It turns out that the disorder is Marxism itself:

Monogamy feels antithetical to the type of feminism and anticapitalism I subscribe to. I am repulsed by the idea of being a man’s property. Also, monogamy—like capitalism—requires us to believe in a false scarcity: that we have to struggle for every little bit and that everything we gain comes at someone else’s expense. The kind of liberatory future I’d like to see is one of abundance and generosity and sharing. One of the few places we can experiment with that now is in our love lives. 

SamSpade

Trying to figure out how this woman planned to have CHILDREN with a life partner - but somehow figure he'd be good with her just taking off whenever.

Restitution

Trying to figure out how this woman planned to have CHILDREN with a life partner - but somehow figure he'd be good with her just taking off whenever.

That's because her idea of a "life partner" is someone she can bang for a little while, have a kid or two... then be life partners with their support check!

gemma_rae

monogamy—like capitalism—requires us to believe in a false scarcity: that we have to struggle for every little bit and that everything we gain comes at someone else’s expense. The kind of liberatory future I’d like to see is one of abundance and generosity and sharing. One of the few places we can experiment with that now is in our love lives.

"Marxism is summed up in the Encarta Reference Library as “a theory in which class struggle is a central element in the analysis of social change in Western societies.”

I'm impressed by how eloquently MFS proves her laziness and stupidity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But ALL the decent men I’ve dated are really opposed to open relationships, while the men I’ve slept with who say they fancy the idea don’t ever stick around long enough for the “relationship” part of an open relationship. 

I'm curious what she means by this and what she expects. Perhaps they are only going off the reservation temporarily, per the agreement of an "open" relationship. Did she set time limits with these men? As in, we run off with other people, but be home by midnight...or within a couple days? Or did her beaus take her at her word, that the relationship would be casual and non-monogamous, they could have several relationships going at a time, and there were no leashes or expectations?

I wish I knew this woman so I could question her and get clarification, but honestly it sounds like she doesn't really know what she wants.

black dog

Free America
Sounds like shes Polyamorous, They like couples that swap tend to separate love and sex. There are plenty of places that she can go and find exactly what she is looking for.