Democratic Senator Thinks 3,000 'Russian-Linked' Facebook Ads Changed Election

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democratic Senator Thinks 3,000 'Russian-Linked' Facebook Ads Changed Election

Man, those Democrats are really going all in on the whole "the Russians stole the election" thing.

Sen. Mark Warner, Virginia Democrat, said this week that 3,000 Russian-linked Facebook ads were deployed — adding that exactly how it was done is the "million-dollar question." He wants to know just how the Russians knew whom to target on Facebook.

"Did they know this just by following political news in America? Did they geo-target both geography and by demographics in ways that at least at first blush appear pretty sophisticated? These are the kind of questions that we need to get answered and that's why we need them in a public hearing," Warner told CNN.

So, just to trim this down, Warner is saying the 3,000 ads that Facebook says were connected to 450 inauthentic accounts could have swung the election to Donald Trump, presumably in swing states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Weems

Fake news.

The only reason this story is out there is as propaganda to advance the notion that facehook is a viable advertising platform.

Next please.

Weems

They are surely not insinuating that uberLib Mark Zuckerberg was shilling for Trump?

It has nothing to do with Trump. It's all about advancing the meme that facehook is a viable advertising platform. Maybe these ads were shown there, maybe not -- it doesn't matter. I don't think Trump and the Russians "colluded" (whatever that means), but that's not relevant either. The story is designed to make you take note that advertising on FB works. Nothing more than that. Everything surrounding the story is fake insofar at the revelations being newsworthy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It has nothing to do with Trump. It's all about advancing the meme that facehook is a viable advertising platform. Maybe these ads were shown there, maybe not -- it doesn't matter. I don't think Trump and the Russians "colluded" (whatever that means), but that's not relevant either. The story is designed to make you take note that advertising on FB works. Nothing more than that. Everything surrounding the story is fake insofar at the revelations being newsworthy.

Got caught lying again...does that hurt? Or do you freaks just consider that to be acceptable collateral damage?

Hijinx

Why is Weems so anxious to say this is false.
I mean we all know Mark Warner is full of sh1t, and we wonder why Warner is confused about how facebook works.
It isn't all that tough to advertise there.
Personally I don't recall any Russian ads, but if they were there were they illegal?
Was Trump in any way involved?

Don't know why Weem,s is so anxious to deny this as he is a Dem sycophant
Perhaps he believes this will come back to bite the Dems in the ass.

Weems

Why is Weems so anxious to say this is false.
I mean we all know Mark Warner is full of sh1t, and we wonder why Warner is confused about how facebook works.
It isn't all that tough to advertise there.
Personally I don't recall any Russian ads, but if they were there were they illegal?
Was Trump in any way involved?

Don't know why Weem,s is so anxious to deny this as he is a Dem sycophant
Perhaps he believes this will come back to bite the Dems in the ass.

You are really stupid, you mouth breathing old codger.

Who is facehook's main competitor in online ads? That's right google/AdSense. Between the two of them, they command 20% of ad revenues in the online ad market. Despite commanding 20% between the two of them, google commands nearly 3x more than FB does, so FB has a lot of ground to make up.

I'd say I'll let you put the rest together as to what the motivation for FB to be taken as a legitimate ad platform is, but there's no way you're capable of thinking it through.

Hijinx

You are really stupid, you mouth breathing old codger.

Who is facehook's main competitor in online ads? That's right google/AdSense. Between the two of them, they command 20% of ad revenues in the online ad market. Despite commanding 20% between the two of them, google commands nearly 3x more than FB does, so FB has a lot of ground to make up.

I'd say I'll let you put the rest together as to what the motivation for FB to be taken as a legitimate ad platform is, but there's no way you're capable of thinking it through.

I don't care about facebook and Google Competition, why are you so anxious to prove one of the Democrat asses you kiss to be wrong.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

so it is a big conspiracy

Mark Warner is shilling for Facebook in CNN by making these false claims :shrug:

does that sound about right ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
*snicker* Those Russkys...stirring the ole pot...

New descriptions of the Russian-bought ads shared with CNN suggest that the apparent goal of the Russian buyers was to amplify political discord and fuel an atmosphere of incivility and chaos, though not necessarily to promote one candidate or cause over another. Facebook's review of Russian efforts on its platform focused on a timeframe from June 2015 to May 2017.

These ranged from posts promoting Black Lives Matter to posts promoting gun rights and the Second Amendment to posts warning about what they said was the threat undocumented immigrants posed to American democracy. Beyond the election, Russians have sought to raise questions about western democracies.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/27/media/facebook-black-lives-matter-targeting/index.html

SamSpade

Is THIS the same old idiotic idea floating around for the past 10 months is that what DID Hillary in was a lot of bad press?

People said unfair, untrue and unflattering things about her, and she lost because some of the people were Russians?

Jeez, Trump couldn't bring himself to even say her name without putting "crooked" in front of it.
He suggested at a debate that she should be in jail.

How is a handful of negative press from Russians ANY different from what campaigns do ALL THE TIME?
Was it lies? How about Reid's lie that Romney hadn't paid taxes in ten years - which Harry Reid smirked about afterward and said "Romney didn't win, did he?".
Politics is ALL about misinformation, distortion and outright lies.

It is beyond ridiculous anyone would pin it on Russian ads.

Russian TAMPERING with voting equipment - THAT, I would get behind.
But Facebook ads?