Maryland Lawmakers Move to Block Frederick Biolab Shutdown

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Maryland Lawmakers Move to Block Frederick Biolab Shutdown

Date: 09-27-2017 04:52 PM

Summary: Lawmakers are fighting to preserve a long-standing research laboratory in Frederick after President Donald Trump's proposed budget for fiscal year 2018 eliminated the facility's funding.

Click here for the full story...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center, located at Fort Detrick in Frederick, is one of seven facilities of its kind in the country. The $143 million center, which opened in 2010, operates under the Department of Homeland Security, employs more than 180 people and often assists the FBI and law enforcement agencies in investigating bioterrorism and biocrime.

so transfer and consolidate ... oh wait MD would lose 180 jobs then

Hijinx

Everybody screams for cutbacks in the budget until it gets to who gets cut.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Now that's the sort of bull#### that needs to stop. Make these choices based on logic and facts, not what color the state is.

That was just Gurps saying ---Maybe.
It doesn't mean that is the reason , and the article states there is another lab at Ft. Detrick that basically does the same thing so why have and pay for 2 labs there?

glhs837

Power with Control
did I really need to put this

:sarcasm:

or did I miss your

:sarcasm:

Nope, because I didn't view it as sarcastically, nor was my response sarcastic. This sort of BS happens for the wrong reason all the time. Another symptom of the Pay to Play nature of our political system.