Southwest dog lady, really allergic or hates dogs?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Because Muslims traditionally have a real dislike of dogs.

Complain about the dog ....

ok you have to get off ..

oh, well I'll stay nevermind, can I get a shot

No you said you were allergic, you have to depart now ....

A 46-year-old college professor who complained of life-threatening allergies was arrested Tuesday after being forcibly removed from a Southwest Airlines flight that was bound for Los Angeles and carried dogs in the cabin.

The incident, which was captured in jumpy cellphone video, occurred at Baltimore-Washington International Airport after a passenger asked that two dogs be removed from the aircraft, according to a witness. Instead, the flight crew asked the woman to leave, and she refused.

Anila Daulatzai of Baltimore was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct, failure to obey a reasonable and lawful order, disturbing the peace, obstructing and hindering a police officer and resisting arrest, said Lt. Kevin Ayd of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

Daulatzai was transported to the Anne Arundel County District Court, where she was released on her own recognizance, Ayd said. She had been removed from the plane at the request of its captain.

http://www.latimes.com/local/califo...st-airlines-woman-removed-20170927-story.html

the name certainly looks Muslim

oh yeah, here you go :

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/anila-daulatzai-southwest-airlines-passenger-removed-professor-video/

The Los Angeles Times identified the previously unidentified woman as Daulatzai. Harvard University lists her as having been a Visiting Assistant Professor of Women’s Studies and Islamic Studies at Harvard Divinity School. According to Vogue Magazine, she currently teaches at the Maryland Institute College of Art. She has studied the plight of war widows in Afghanistan.

“Daulatzai teaches at the Maryland Institute College of Art, a spokesman for the school confirmed. According to her online bio, she is a socio-cultural anthropologist in the Humanistic Studies department. She previously was a visiting assistant professor at Harvard Divinity School,” The Los Angeles Times reported.

[clip]

According to the Harvard website, “Currently Anila Daulatzai is teaching a graduate-level seminar course titled ‘Talibanization’ and its other. This course does not focus on the history of the Taliban movement (or movements described as ‘Taliban-like’), but more importantly on the performative nature of the term ‘Talibanization’. The course explores what deploying the term enables, particularly in the highly militarized contexts of the United States, Afghanistan and Pakistan.”

The site adds, “In particular, the course explores how formations of liberalism, feminism, and secularism give life to a term like ‘Talibanization’, and the violence that is enabled and justified by its deployment. Explorations of the ‘liberal’ and the ‘secular’ and of how they are constituted in particular contexts thus form a core aspect of this course.”

:twitch:

I certainly see her getting pissy over a dog ..... expecting the Airlines to Jump because she said something

I expect some 'southwest hates Muslims' rhetoric in the next few days / weeks Queue Sansour

Last edited:

MR47930

You guys don't find it annoying that these people bring fluffy on the plane under the guise of being a "service" animal? I've been on numerous flights where I couldn't get a god damn pack of peanuts because someone with a weak immune system might fall out, but if you're allergic to dogs you're the one that has to go?

I fly pretty regularly and maybe 1 out of 50 dogs that I see appear to be true "service" animals. Having your BS emotional support chihuahua shouldn't be allowed. If you're that afraid to fly, take the bus.

glhs837

Power with Control
oh, well I'll stay nevermind, can I get a shot

No you said you were allergic, you have to depart now ....

I expect some 'southwest hates Muslims' rhetoric in the next few days / weeks Queue Sansour

Actually, and I'm not linking it, but the Atlantic I think already has an article asking if anyone is surprised that this next person drug off a plane was a POC?

You guys don't find it annoying that these people bring fluffy on the plane under the guise of being a "service" animal? I've been on numerous flights where I couldn't get a god damn pack of peanuts because someone with a weak immune system might fall out, but if you're allergic to dogs you're the one that has to go?

I fly pretty regularly and maybe 1 out of 50 dogs that I see appear to be true "service" animals. Having your BS emotional support chihuahua shouldn't be allowed. If you're that afraid to fly, take the bus.

Oh, I'm in agreement about the misuse of the whole support animal deal. But my level of annoyance does not rise to getting kicked out of places or drug off aircraft. I think the societal backlash is rising and you will soon see some restrictions in the designation of such critters.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Actually, and I'm not linking it, but the Atlantic I think already has an article asking if anyone is surprised that this next person drug off a plane was a POC?

Say It Ain't So ... From The Atlantic :sarcasm:

Oh, I'm in agreement about the misuse of the whole support animal deal. But my level of annoyance does not rise to getting kicked out of places or drug off aircraft. I think the societal backlash is rising and you will soon see some restrictions in the designation of such critters.

:shrug:

who cares is the DOG bothering you .....

unless its yapping none stop for the entire flight, whats the harm

MR47930

The harm is I want to sit in my seat that's half the size as my ass and reclines a quarter inch without your shi*ty mutt breathing in my face.

glhs837

Power with Control

Hell, I own four dogs they don't bother me, it's more the people that abuse the service animal title to keep their dogs with them in places where they don't traditionally go. And this practice stands a good chance of lowering public opinion of all service animals, which is bad for people who really need them. Like people who have an asthmatic kid who they don't take to the store but park in handicapped spaces anyway, it's an abuse. World shaking? No. Nothing I'll lose sleep over, as annoying as people who drive like azz.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... it's more the people that abuse the service animal title to keep their dogs with them in places where they don't traditionally go. And this practice stands a good chance of lowering public opinion of all service animals, which is bad for people who really need them.

:yay:

Makes Sense

frequentflier

happy to be living
Hell, I own four dogs they don't bother me, it's more the people that abuse the service animal title to keep their dogs with them in places where they don't traditionally go. And this practice stands a good chance of lowering public opinion of all service animals, which is bad for people who really need them. Like people who have an asthmatic kid who they don't take to the store but park in handicapped spaces anyway, it's an abuse. World shaking? No. Nothing I'll lose sleep over, as annoying as people who drive like azz.

Agreed. Anyone can claim their dog is a service animal and can print something off the internet saying so. It is definitely being abused.

Hijinx

One would think that someone with the education level of a professor would have the good sense to know when their bluff has been called and walk off the plane in a civil manner.

Meanwhile if you wish to know why college tuition is so high it's because of courses in Talibanization, and Visiting Assistant Professor of Women’s Studies and Islamic Studies , and hiring a socio-cultural anthropologist in the Humanistic Studies department. And God knows how many other Bullsh1t professors.

nutz

maybe Amtrak would suit you better.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The harm is I want to sit in my seat that's half the size as my ass and reclines a quarter inch without your shi*ty mutt breathing in my face.

Get a smaller ass.

This woman was just bitching and trying to cause trouble, trying to pull a power play to see if she could get away with it. If she's so deathly allergic to dogs, how does she function in society? Dogs are pretty much everywhere.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Agreed. Anyone can claim their dog is a service animal and can print something off the internet saying so. It is definitely being abused.

Yeah, we considered getting a certificate for Apollo, but that would be dishonest and I'm afraid to eff with my karma over something that small.

Although I always wonder, they don't allow dogs because people are so deathly allergic, but they do allow service dogs...huh? Do service dogs have some magical property that makes then non-allergenic? If they allow a blind person's big ol' shedding Shepherd, why wouldn't they allow my small non-shedding low-allergen dog? It makes no sense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you're so emotionally unstable that you need a critter to keep you sane maybe you should just stay indoors and leave the air travel to the big kids...

Some service dogs are trained to detect oncoming seizures and like that. They're not all fake PTSD dogs.

glhs837

Power with Control
One would think that someone with the education level of a professor would have the good sense to know when their bluff has been called and walk off the plane in a civil manner.

Meanwhile if you wish to know why college tuition is so high it's because of courses in Talibanization, and Visiting Assistant Professor of Women’s Studies and Islamic Studies , and hiring a socio-cultural anthropologist in the Humanistic Studies department. And God knows how many other Bullsh1t professors.

Some service dogs are trained to detect oncoming seizures and like that. They're not all fake PTSD dogs.

This. and there are valid PTSD dogs too. Lots of bullsheiss ones, but there are people who can lose their #### if they didn't have the dog to take their focus away. You know, folks that been blown up and stuff.

glhs837

Power with Control

you might think perhaps she feels......I'm looking for a word,......that she cannot be questioned, that whatever she says will be acted up......whats the word, begins with a P..... :)

This. and there are valid PTSD dogs too. Lots of bullsheiss ones, but there are people who can lose their #### if they didn't have the dog to take their focus away. You know, folks that been blown up and stuff.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

When service dogs detect an oncoming seizure, a person may be able to take medication for breakthrough seizures that will usually prevent it. Seizure detection dogs are also trained to protect a person having a seizure until they regain consciousness.

Clem72

I'm usually a little bothered by the obvious abuse of "service dog" rules, however given how often airlines kill animals held in the luggage hold I have zero issues with people abusing those rules to keep their dogs in the cabin.

I also do not think they have to be service animals, I think they just need to be under a certain size. I know I have seen lots of little yappy dogs on plains that were not wearing a service vest.

frequentflier

happy to be living
There are absolutely a lot of valid service animals. One lady I have known for many years has a legit dog that has been trained professionally and was professionally certified. He can detect when she is getting ready to have a stroke (she has had several).

There are professional groups that train service animals.

Then there are the people that buy a vest and certificate online and claim their dogs are service dogs. Some, not all, are not trained well, misbehave and have no place in restaurants, grocery stores, etc.