Lots of change where to cash in?

glhs837

Power with Control
Wife's been saving change for almost a year. Estimated close to $1000, brought it into NFCU, turns out they removed their coin sorter back in June. I really don't want to hand pack 40lbs of quarters and 30lbs of pennies and another 20 of mixed nickels and dimes

Cedar Point Credit Union on 235 near Chipotle's has one.

Used it a few days ago. CPFCU members are no charge, minimal charge for non-members.

There are also coin sorters at most of the major stores, like Giant. I saw one that had no charge, think it was Walmart near the Customer Service Desk.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not loving my odds of waking into Wally with 40lbs of quarters . I know most of the grocery store ones are a percentage. I'll report back and let folks know what the fee at CPFCU is

glhs837

Power with Control
So,

WalMart - CoinStar, only free if you dump the proceeds of you coinage into Gift cards for places like Starbucks and Southwest Airline, Chipotle. If you want cash, it's 11.39$

CPFCU - 10% straight up for nonmemebers.

So we just said screw it and got a sorter machine from Staples for $54ish and a bunch of tubes from Wally at $1 a bag of 36.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
why didn't you become a member of CPFCU, put $10 in and go back in a month with 43lb's of quarters. Then if you ever have a need for a load you can price shop. You're down to 30lbs of quarters now ;-)))

Its kinda finny, because we used to save all our change and would wrap it up, but we use our CC 100% of time= Marriott hoe, Even if it's 2.25 for something.....

Rommey

So,

WalMart - CoinStar, only free if you dump the proceeds of you coinage into Gift cards for places like Starbucks and Southwest Airline, Chipotle. If you want cash, it's 11.39$

CPFCU - 10% straight up for nonmemebers.

So we just said screw it and got a sorter machine from Staples for $54ish and a bunch of tubes from Wally at $1 a bag of 36.
Just went through this situation. I found a link that said some BB&T banks had free coin machines for members, but I couldn't verify that. The link basically said that very few places have free (no fee) machines any more. Bought the same coin sorter at Staples and rolled all my coinage (~$800). A few suggestions about using that sorter: 1. Make sure you only put in the four denomination of coins (Q, N, P, & D)...if you put any other coins such as dollar (i.e., Sacagawea or SBA coins) they get stuck in the hopper and you have to open it up and manually remove the "offending" coins. 2. Make sure you don't have two coins stuck together making them thicker than the sorter can take as there's not a lot of clearance to try to get them unstuck.

I hate carrying change, so I toss it in a jar daily. Every 4-6 months I cash it in. Anywhere from $50 to $200. Last cash-in was mostly quarters, so it was worth about $125.

Sometimes it's interesting to think about where the coin came from as you cash it. Some of this batch came from North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas. Last time it was New York, Hampton Bays, New Jersey.

glhs837

Power with Control
I hate carrying change, so I toss it in a jar daily. Every 4-6 months I cash it in. Anywhere from $50 to $200. Last cash-in was mostly quarters, so it was worth about $125.

Sometimes it's interesting to think about where the coin came from as you cash it. Some of this batch came from North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas. Last time it was New York, Hampton Bays, New Jersey.

Yeah, wife and I do the same. This was about a year or more.