Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another cross the centerline fatal

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    See, I am against developing technology that enables stupid people to continue their stupidity.
    But that's the wrong way to think about it. This prevents stupid people from hurting others. I might be with you on the public transportation, but only if we could not only magically pay for it, but also somehow keep it clean and well appointed which is not possible from what I have seen in NY, LA, ATL, and SF (only places in the US I have used public transport regularly).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    Maybe the insurance companies need to get involved...If you are in, or cause an accident that can be proven, without any doubt, that was due to your texting or web surfing, we ain't paying out.
    Insurance hell. Execute them in the public square. THAT will send a message that we are not playing with them anymore.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    but also somehow keep it clean
    Oh, honey, I have a solution for that as well.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

See, I am against developing technology that enables stupid people to continue their stupidity. I'm all about bleaching that gene pool.
    Yes, BUT: over and over again, the offender is the one who lives. Scientifically speaking, the person who sees it coming tenses up, reacts, does something that makes it a worse injury for them. But the offender is usually relaxed and thus less injured - same as happens with drunk drivers.

Maybe all police vehicles should have a digital sign on the back that says what the current stop is all about. "Pulled over for texting" or "Pulled over for speeding" or "Pulled over for following too closely" flashing red on the back... that would help, yes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Yes, BUT: over and over again, the offender is the one who lives.
    But if we did it right....not for long. If it were up to me, very shortly after their act of mayhem, they would be quite tensed up.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I've always thought about setting up in a chair with a few beverages (legal) in an inconspicuous area along 235 during rush hour and take pictures of everyone on the phone as they pass. Then start a SOMD community Facebook site were I (and anyone else who joins) can post the pictures. Maybe if we take matters into our own hands, these idiots will realize we know who they are and they'll thick twice about answering that text or call while driving. I doubt it, but I still have hope and besides, maybe having there face posted will get the LEO's doing something about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredCPO View Post
    I've always thought about setting up in a chair with a few beverages (legal) in an inconspicuous area along 235 during rush hour and take pictures of everyone on the phone as they pass. Then start a SOMD community Facebook site were I (and anyone else who joins) can post the pictures. Maybe if we take matters into our own hands, these idiots will realize we know who they are and they'll thick twice about answering that text or call while driving. I doubt it, but I still have hope and besides, maybe having there face posted will get the LEO's doing something about it.
    I like that idea, too. Citizen policing - the cops can't be everywhere and at some point we need to help them out. But someone would surely bitch and cry about their photo being posted and sic the lawyers on us, and that would be that.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Maybe all police vehicles should have a digital sign on the back that says what the current stop is all about. "Pulled over for texting" or "Pulled over for speeding" or "Pulled over for following too closely" flashing red on the back... that would help, yes?
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

At some point we have to say #### happens, cops can't be everywhere....
    We don't need them everywhere! If there were LEO posted at particular areas then the results would be spectacular.

Let's take the 235 corridor for instance. If they posted 3 teams... one in each of the following areas:

- At the Wawa across from NFCU
    - At CPFCU behind the Chipotle
    - At the new Urgent care center next to Red Robin.

Hell.. just these 3 areas would probably net at least 50 offenders within the hours of 3pm and 6pm for various violations including cell phone use! The only problem would be how tired the LEO would be after that 3 hour span!

Members who have read this thread: 151