Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another cross the centerline fatal

Another cross the centerline fatal

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/10...ourdelays.html

Preliminary investigation revealed a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, operated by Andrea Denise Ridgell, 31 of Dameron, was traveling southbound on Three Notch Road when for unknown reasons her vehicle crossed the centerline. Ridgell’s vehicle continued into the path of a northbound 2000 Chevrolet Silverado, operated by Edward James Buser III, 59 of Ridge. Buser was pronounced deceased on the scene. Ridgell and a juvenile passenger were transported to MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    Sure glad I've seen State and County working the speed enforcement so diligently these last two weeks since this spate of similar crashes, none of which actually involved speed. When are we going to see enforcement focussed on the behavior that is really killing people. What, three or four in less than 30 days?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Unless you have a medical emergency, your car will only cross the center line because you were not paying attention to your driving and were doing something else instead.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    When are we going to see enforcement focussed on the behavior that is really killing people. What, three or four in less than 30 days?
    Cops can't be everywhere and it's not their fault people drive like crap.

Today I was on the way back to Solomons from Callaway during rush, and not far after where the lanes merge on Rt 4 this psycho comes rolling up past everyone on the shoulder. Someone a few cars ahead of me let him in, then he proceeded to pass on the left (yes, that would be into oncoming traffic). Again some good soul (or dumbass, you decide) let him back in, and he took the right onto S. Pax Beach Rd, presumably to run that up and avoid the crawling and stopped traffic, because he was pretty sure some enabler would let him cut in when he came back out onto Rt. 4.

The other day I was behind a dump truck that hadn't secured their load properly, so stuff was flying out. I slowed to put some distance between us because I didn't want his junk hitting my car. The guy behind me gets all pissed off, honks at me, then zips around me to crawl up this truck's ass. As karma would have it, junk came flying off the truck and hit the car, bounced off the windshield and hood. Ha ha.

Not that you all have a lock on poor driving skills, because Monello and I have seen it all over the US - there are a #### ton of people who have no business operating a motor vehicle.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    (snip) Not that you all have a lock on poor driving skills, because Monello and I have seen it all over the US - there are a #### ton of people who have no business operating a motor vehicle.
    My wife likes to quip that no matter where we have been in the country (between the 2 of us, we've visited 42 states, plus DC, PR and the USVI, Canada, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait), the world's worst drivers have got there ahead of us.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    My wife likes to quip that no matter where we have been in the country (between the 2 of us, we've visited 42 states, plus DC, PR and the USVI, Canada, Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait), the world's worst drivers have got there ahead of us.
    And, hopefully, they do get ahead of us so we are not involved in their stupidity. I thought my world was small when I lived in St. Leonard with the shopping 15 mins away, either way to PF or Lusby; Rt.4. I had so many near misses because of distracted drivers, but, thankfully, was never involved. You would think living in Mont Cty, now, would be a nightmare, but as luck would have it, I only have to drive 5 mins to the shopping down a residential street that has speed bumps, and I am there in no time. I hate living in Mont Cty, but it does have it's positives.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

And again, the at-fault driver walks away while another family has to bury their loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    And again, the at-fault driver walks away while another family has to bury their loved one.
    Thanks, og, I got off track about myself, and the traffic nightmare I don't miss. It is very sad about the loss of life. I posted in another thread, lately, that I was kind of numb to death because of 3 fam related deaths (not due to vehicles) in the last 2 weeks. My bad. Thanks for snapping me out of it. And, yes, very sad.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

7. 10-03-2017, 07:54 AM

I recently purchased a big ass vehicle due to the nut jobs on the road these days. I want to be the one to walk away from an accident if, god forbid, this was to happen to me. I'm fine with the high cost of gas and the sh*tty MPG's to feel just a little safer.

If you're ever a passenger heading down 235 or RT 4 during heavy rush hour, make sure to take a look around at the other drivers as they go whizzing by. It's likely that ~30% of the folks I see aren't even looking at the road.

If they had a LEO in an unmarked car driving up RT4 looking for cellphone use we could pay for a new bridge with the fines in a short time...

Quote Originally Posted by mr47930 View Post
    if they had a leo in an unmarked car driving up rt4 looking for cellphone use we could pay for a new bridge with the fines in a short time...
    ^^^this ^^^
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

10. 10-03-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    I recently purchased a big ass vehicle due to the nut jobs on the road these days. I want to be the one to walk away from an accident if, god forbid, this was to happen to me. I'm fine with the high cost of gas and the sh*tty MPG's to feel just a little safer.

If you're ever a passenger heading down 235 or RT 4 during heavy rush hour, make sure to take a look around at the other drivers as they go whizzing by. It's likely that ~30% of the folks I see aren't even looking at the road.

If they had a LEO in an unmarked car driving up RT4 looking for cellphone use we could pay for a new bridge with the fines in a short time...
    Were you the one that almost plowed into the back of this morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Were you the one that almost plowed into the back of this morning?
    Huh?
    Did I almost plow into you or did you almost plow into me, think you're missing a word or two in that sentence?
    Nevertheless, no, I didn't have any issues on my morning travels. I don't drive like an asshat. Always wondered why people are in such a hurry to get TO work in the morning..

Members who have read this thread: 146