Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Great Fruitfly War of 2017

Same issue here. Vinegar and dawn wasn't working. Tried some Terro fruit fly traps and have been catching more with those then the vinegar.

Does the bleach in the drains really work? I haven't tried that option yet.

Also has anyone tried the traps you can buy in the store? I use the vinegar/dawn concoction...I've got about 4 traps set up downstairs but still have the flies. I cant take it anymore
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Oh, still put out the vinegar ( I use wine ) and dawn, for the little bastages that aren't in the drain when you cover it.
    You do mean wine vinegar right??????? I couldnt imagine wasting my wine on the little fookers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Same issue here. Vinegar and dawn wasn't working. Tried some Terro fruit fly traps and have been catching more with those then the vinegar.
    Crap, my buddies at Terro make this? On it immediately.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Oh thank god. I thought I was going nuts and I was missing some secret, filthy spot in my kitchen! Going to put out little dishes of vinegar and dawn tonight after pouring the bleach down the drain and blocking all exit points thanks for the tips!
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    You do mean wine vinegar right??????? I couldnt imagine wasting my wine on the little fookers!!!!!
    It has never been uncommon for me to have an open bottle of wine in the house that I could pour a few ounces off of. I even pour it into a wine glass. If you have some cooking wine, that would work, too. Unless, you're drinking that, too.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    Oh thank god. I thought I was going nuts and I was missing some secret, filthy spot in my kitchen! Going to put out little dishes of vinegar and dawn tonight after pouring the bleach down the drain and blocking all exit points thanks for the tips!
    Let us know how it works out. The way you guys are talking, I'm wondering if it's worse than usual up there. I've had a few this summer, but my big issue has been house flies. I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    Je suis prest

Blog Entries
    I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    I haven't resorted to that yet because those things gag me out. I do have a fogger, and if my method of destruction doesn't work in the next few days, I'm going nuclear on them.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Let us know how it works out. The way you guys are talking, I'm wondering if it's worse than usual up there. I've had a few this summer, but my big issue has been house flies. I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    They are really bad! I usually have them but like Vrai said once you set out the traps it pretty much gets rid of them. I feel like I've had my traps out for over a month now.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

I haven't had an issues with fruit flies, but the noseeums have been getting thru the screens in the evening. I find them more annoying than fruit flies.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 74