Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: The Great Fruitfly War of 2017

  1. #11
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    1,208
    Same issue here. Vinegar and dawn wasn't working. Tried some Terro fruit fly traps and have been catching more with those then the vinegar.

  2. #12
    Registered User lovinmaryland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    on cloud nine
    Posts
    16,158
    Does the bleach in the drains really work? I haven't tried that option yet.

    Also has anyone tried the traps you can buy in the store? I use the vinegar/dawn concoction...I've got about 4 traps set up downstairs but still have the flies. I cant take it anymore
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

  3. #13
    I Need a Life luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Oh, still put out the vinegar ( I use wine ) and dawn, for the little bastages that aren't in the drain when you cover it.
    You do mean wine vinegar right??????? I couldnt imagine wasting my wine on the little fookers!!!!!

  4. #14
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,632
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Same issue here. Vinegar and dawn wasn't working. Tried some Terro fruit fly traps and have been catching more with those then the vinegar.
    Crap, my buddies at Terro make this? On it immediately.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  5. #15
    eyes up here, buddy. lucky_bee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the mall
    Posts
    1,519
    Oh thank god. I thought I was going nuts and I was missing some secret, filthy spot in my kitchen! Going to put out little dishes of vinegar and dawn tonight after pouring the bleach down the drain and blocking all exit points thanks for the tips!
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

  6. #16
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,188
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    You do mean wine vinegar right??????? I couldnt imagine wasting my wine on the little fookers!!!!!
    It has never been uncommon for me to have an open bottle of wine in the house that I could pour a few ounces off of. I even pour it into a wine glass. If you have some cooking wine, that would work, too. Unless, you're drinking that, too.
    Je suis prest

  7. #17
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,188
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    Oh thank god. I thought I was going nuts and I was missing some secret, filthy spot in my kitchen! Going to put out little dishes of vinegar and dawn tonight after pouring the bleach down the drain and blocking all exit points thanks for the tips!
    Let us know how it works out. The way you guys are talking, I'm wondering if it's worse than usual up there. I've had a few this summer, but my big issue has been house flies. I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    Je suis prest

  8. #18
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    I haven't resorted to that yet because those things gag me out. I do have a fogger, and if my method of destruction doesn't work in the next few days, I'm going nuclear on them.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  9. #19
    Registered User lovinmaryland's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    on cloud nine
    Posts
    16,158
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Let us know how it works out. The way you guys are talking, I'm wondering if it's worse than usual up there. I've had a few this summer, but my big issue has been house flies. I even went so far as to hang those nasty yellow strips around the outside of the house, hoping to knock down what's coming in.
    They are really bad! I usually have them but like Vrai said once you set out the traps it pretty much gets rid of them. I feel like I've had my traps out for over a month now.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

  10. #20
    I haven't had an issues with fruit flies, but the noseeums have been getting thru the screens in the evening. I find them more annoying than fruit flies.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 74

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |