Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Renters

  1. #11
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,501
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Yes. They're out now, and they left a mess, didn't pay their final rent, left us with a 400.00 water bill, and the elec company said they owe them over $1000.00. What I don't get is why the utilities weren't turned off after the first month wasn't paid by the time the next billing cycle came around. Anyway, we're making repairs and we're dropping it well below market just to get out from under it. There goes the neighborhood!
    Damn, I get a notice from Metcom if they don't pay these second months bill, and just one for electric. Our renters do get in a crack now and again, and occasionally cause me grief (OMG, the A/C isn't working 4th of July, HELP!!!!) so I rush over with my mongo 700 square foot rolling A/C unit and get them cooling air while I get the HVAC BIL on the line to come out the next day. He discovers that one of them had flipped the OIL BURNER OFF switch in the pantry, killing the system. Cost me no money, but sweating balls off hustling the unit around was a pain. But they pay pretty much on time all the time, for a $20 discount on the rent, they deposit it directly into my bank.
    "I aim to misbehave."

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I love my tenants(now). They pay the mortgage, fees and there's a bit left over to gas up the RV.
    I thought you were talking about your RV tenants.... the ones you've dragged all over the country.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  3. #13
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,178
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I thought you were talking about your RV tenants.... the ones you've dragged all over the country.
    We pay on time, too.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Yes. They're out now, and they left a mess, didn't pay their final rent, left us with a 400.00 water bill, and the elec company said they owe them over $1000.00. What I don't get is why the utilities weren't turned off after the first month wasn't paid by the time the next billing cycle came around. Anyway, we're making repairs and we're dropping it well below market just to get out from under it. There goes the neighborhood!
    Why wasn't the water bill in there name?
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

  5. #15
    I have a single-family rental in Herndon/Reston; my last tenant allowed an infestation of mice before alerting me-16K later...

  6. #16
    Awww, jeez Monello's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canaryville AKA St. Monello
    Posts
    6,975
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I thought you were talking about your RV tenants.... the ones you've dragged all over the country.
    I guess I could rent out the basement. Not much headroom though.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

    Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

  7. #17
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    I guess I could rent out the basement. Not much headroom though.

    Name:  Under da bus.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  13.7 KB
    "I aim to misbehave."

  8. #18
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,097
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Why wasn't the water bill in there name?
    It was in their name. Homeowners have to sign a waiver for tenants to the water turned on, and the owner is ultimately responsible for any outstanding debt. Fine print.
    Je suis prest

  9. #19
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
    I have a single-family rental in Herndon/Reston; my last tenant allowed an infestation of mice before alerting me-16K later...
    We even had everything covered, in the event something broke. They didn't have to pay for anything to be repaired, and they didn't even do that. We're hoping we won't have to replace the floors. That's still an unknown. We're waiting to see if the guy working on the house can get rid of the dog piss odor. No, they were not supposed to have pets.
    Je suis prest

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    It was in their name. Homeowners have to sign a waiver for tenants to the water turned on, and the owner is ultimately responsible for any outstanding debt. Fine print.
    Interesting, Thanks.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Members who have read this thread: 98

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |