Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Renters

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I'm happy for you. People can be so deceiving. We even had a check run on them, and they said they were good to go. Come to find out the company we had run the check on them, didn't actually run the check. I should have done it myself. MJCS. They're there.
    We rented for a while before deciding to buy a home. We never left the placed trashed, paid our rent and utilities on time and even improved some features on the houses. The house we purchased was a from our landlord. Dont know how people can live in filth, especially with kids. Would you want to put their names on here, just so future landlords will know who they are and be forewarned!

We even had everything covered, in the event something broke. They didn't have to pay for anything to be repaired, and they didn't even do that. We're hoping we won't have to replace the floors. That's still an unknown. We're waiting to see if the guy working on the house can get rid of the dog piss odor. No, they were not supposed to have pets.
    I have been through the dog pee problem myself, I talked to the local service master Co and he told me to go the the pet store and get a few gallons of Enzymatic cleaner for dog pee and avoid the pee remover products that had bleach in them.
    I bought a 4 or 5 gallons at 50 bucks a crack, I used a backpack sprayer and just hosed down all the wood floors a few times..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    We rented for a while before deciding to buy a home. We never left the placed trashed, paid our rent and utilities on time and even improved some features on the houses. The house we purchased was a from our landlord. Dont know how people can live in filth, especially with kids. Would you want to put their names on here, just so future landlords will know who they are and be forewarned!
    sent you a message.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I have been through the dog pee problem myself, I talked to the local service master Co and he told me to go the the pet store and get a few gallons of Enzymatic cleaner for dog pee and avoid the pee remover products that had bleach in them.
    I bought a 4 or 5 gallons at 50 bucks a crack, I used a backpack sprayer and just hosed down all the wood floors a few times..
    Fortunately, it's just in one room, and the garage.
    Je suis prest

I had the garage also.. everytime it got humid out it would smell..
    I did a acid wash and epoxyed the floor with that speckled paint.. smell be gone..
    Good Luck..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

I poured a few gallons of bleach on
    my garage floor and scrubbed it with a broom and let it sit for awhile. Then later hosed it out. Never another problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Rented 2 homes as an adult before we bought a house. I was in my mid-twenties at the time and when we moved out both landlords said that it looked better than when we moved in. Always had the carpets professionally cleaned and scrubbed every surface top to bottom before moving out. I wanted my security deposit back really bad! How some people live in filth I'll never know. What do they do when they have guests?

I've heard many horror stories on renting and when it comes time for us to move again (we plan on building a custom home on family property eventually) I told the wife if the housing market is down and we can't sell then we ain't moving because damn if I'm renting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    I wanted my security deposit back really bad!
    Me, too. Typically it's a month's rent and you'd think people would want that back.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Me, too. Typically it's a month's rent and you'd think people would want that back.
    Yea I think mine was usually 1 1/2 months rent! That's a lot of beer money. Not only did I want it back I would be mortified for someone to walk in my home and see the place is a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Considering what they did to the house, they made out, even leaving without their deposit. The deposit covers a months rent, which leaves nothing for the repairs we have to make.
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 98