Renters

Clem72

I wouldn't rent out a house in this area. Too many bad things can happen from inattention (didn't check sump pump? oblivious to leak under sink? trees look like they are about to fall over and clobber the garage), and of course there are also people who just don't care for other's property.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Monello finally got a property management company, but prior to that he lost many nights of sleep over his #### head tenants.

I have rented several apartments and homes over the years, and not once did I destroy them or leave a crazy mess behind. WTH is wrong with people that they live like pigs and feel compelled to trash the place???

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Yes. They're out now, and they left a mess, didn't pay their final rent, left us with a 400.00 water bill, and the elec company said they owe them over $1000.00. What I don't get is why the utilities weren't turned off after the first month wasn't paid by the time the next billing cycle came around. Anyway, we're making repairs and we're dropping it well below market just to get out from under it. There goes the neighborhood!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes. They're out now, and they left a mess, didn't pay their final rent, left us with a 400.00 water bill, and the elec company said they owe them over $1000.00. What I don't get is why the utilities weren't turned off after the first month wasn't paid by the time the next billing cycle came around. Anyway, we're making repairs and we're dropping it well below market just to get out from under it. There goes the neighborhood!

Bummer.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I love my tenants(now). They pay the mortgage, fees and there's a bit left over to gas up the RV.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I love my tenants(now). They pay the mortgage, fees and there's a bit left over to gas up the RV.

I'm happy for you. People can be so deceiving. We even had a check run on them, and they said they were good to go. Come to find out the company we had run the check on them, didn't actually run the check. I should have done it myself. MJCS. They're there.

glhs837

Power with Control

Damn, I get a notice from Metcom if they don't pay these second months bill, and just one for electric. Our renters do get in a crack now and again, and occasionally cause me grief (OMG, the A/C isn't working 4th of July, HELP!!!!) so I rush over with my mongo 700 square foot rolling A/C unit and get them cooling air while I get the HVAC BIL on the line to come out the next day. He discovers that one of them had flipped the OIL BURNER OFF switch in the pantry, killing the system. Cost me no money, but sweating balls off hustling the unit around was a pain. But they pay pretty much on time all the time, for a $20 discount on the rent, they deposit it directly into my bank.

black dog

Free America

Why wasn't the water bill in there name?

Lilypad

I have a single-family rental in Herndon/Reston; my last tenant allowed an infestation of mice before alerting me-16K later... :tantrum:faint:

glhs837

Power with Control
I guess I could rent out the basement. Not much headroom though.

Under da bus.jpg

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Why wasn't the water bill in there name?

It was in their name. Homeowners have to sign a waiver for tenants to the water turned on, and the owner is ultimately responsible for any outstanding debt. Fine print.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I have a single-family rental in Herndon/Reston; my last tenant allowed an infestation of mice before alerting me-16K later... :tantrum:faint:

We even had everything covered, in the event something broke. They didn't have to pay for anything to be repaired, and they didn't even do that. We're hoping we won't have to replace the floors. That's still an unknown. We're waiting to see if the guy working on the house can get rid of the dog piss odor. No, they were not supposed to have pets.